Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And if we want to count he Shalom Sesame videos as american releases, the "here fishy fishy fishy" sketch was in one of those, I think.
I don't... after all, they're dubbed totally, if not partially... so we don't have a complete American English one. Seems there is a little double dipping... but not all that much from the Old School sets... just the basic Rubber Duckies and stuff like that which I expected. Sounds good, though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling that the back cover will be similar to the front cover, with more stills?

Has anybody noticed that the 1990s appears to be the decade least represented on the cover?

It's a shame that the cover has no News segments. I'm sure we'll get a News segment or two.

It is a pleasant surprise to see Bruno on the cover. I'd've expected a more popular old school character like Guy Smiley, Roosevelt Franklin, or Sherlock Hemlock to be on the cover.

Must refrain from posting a new wishlist based on what I know... Must refrain from making a new wishlist based on what I know... Must refrain from making a new wishlsit based on what I know... Wouldn't this make a good signature?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Wow, the cover is terrific!
I agree Oscarfan. It's just - 'Sesame Street'. It shows no favortism torwards any character, it's just an emsemble cover. Funny since I pictured something similiar, with it being just the SS 40th anniversary sign with a black background and nothing else. Boy...is this A LOT better! I love it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's really cool! I'll just wait a bit and see what others say about the content and all. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't wait to see how the clips are going to be presented. WIll they be arranged by season or grouped some other way (such as "Street Scenes and Stories", "Songs", "Animation", "Muppets", and so on)? Will there be special introductions or will they all be shown back-to-back-to-back? Obviosuly none of you can answer this now (right?).

I also hope that some sort of official online trailer gets released soon. I wouldn't expect that, however, until at least next month.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... So uh, what's the box art that's gotten so much raving here?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay... So uh, what's the box art that's gotten so much raving here?
It has several still images from the show.I'd describe them all, but I'm a bit tired right now. I welcome anybopdy else to describe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The box is a gradient of two different shades of yellow (illusion of rays of sunshine); the Sesame Street sign is in the middle, with green lettering underneath saying "40 Years of Sunny Days", and above and below the captioning are thumbnails of snapshots of various memorable Sesame moments from the past 40 years.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that I didn't notice until after the tvshowsondvd link was posted again, and I don't know how I missed it at The Muppet Newsflash, was that some of the celebrities in the set were mentioned. The set was said to have appearances by Robert DeNiro, Destiny's Child, and Alicia Keys (DeNiro is the only one not pictured on the cover). It's a shame that none of the celebrities who appeared during the first 20 seasons were listed (heck, it looks like it doesn't list any celebrity appearances from the first 30 seasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.