Pictures of the new eFX Replicas: Reporter Kermit, Rizzo and Miss Piggy

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Yeah I see what you all are saying. I would probably pick up a new and improved Kermit as well:smile: I am for sure getting Rizzo. Maybe it was the way the rats were always shot in the movies. They just seemed smaller than that but I could be wrong. I'll have to take another look at the bike ride scene in GMC.:shifty:

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
I think the best scale shots would be the recent movies (MCC and after) where Rizzo and Gonzo are so buddy-buddy and then we need a shot of the MR Gonzon and eFX Rizzo together.

MWoO

Reaction score
The Reporter Kermit displayed was a mock up to show a visual of their product.It is a MR Kermit that they used as there wasnt time to construct the eFX Kermit, so that is not why Rizzo looked so big.Remember that Kermit was sitting, so that is why a lot of people are saying that Rizzo is too big, because he looked as tall as Kermit.
But the Kermit is 10% smaller than the Kermit puppet. So if people are looking at Rizzo next to Kermit and thinking he looks too big, then it is partly due to the MR Kermit being 10% smaller than the puppet, and people are comparing the replicas' scale to the scale of the puppets.

muppetperson

Reaction score
But the Kermit is 10% smaller than the Kermit puppet. So if people are looking at Rizzo next to Kermit and thinking he looks too big, then it is partly due to the MR Kermit being 10% smaller than the puppet, and people are comparing the replicas' scale to the scale of the puppets.
There does seem to be something strange about this photo of Kermit standing.

I just measured up 15" from my MR Kermit's feet, and the top of Rizzo's head should be just up above the beginging of Kermit's legs, but in the photo, Rizzo's head is almost level with kermit's armpits.(Which makes Rizzo appear to be around 18") Maybe it is just the way it looks with kermit being further back in the display, and if he was brought forward, Rizzo would become smaller?

muppetinsider

Reaction score
The only thing strange about it is it's a mass-produced piece made in China. Muppets are suppose to be built by a skilled builder. Just because it's the same color green fleece does not make it an actual Muppet quality poser.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
There does seem to be something strange about this photo of Kermit standing.

I just measured up 15" from my MR Kermit's feet, and the top of Rizzo's head should be just up above the beginging of Kermit's legs, but in the photo, Rizzo's head is almost level with kermit's armpits.(Which makes Rizzo appear to be around 18") Maybe it is just the way it looks with kermit being further back in the display, and if he was brought forward, Rizzo would become smaller?
I think there are a couple factors at work here. First, the 15" I quoted isn't exact. It's close, but not exact. He could be 16 or 17". It's hard to measure. Second, you can't see this, but it looks to me like Kermit's legs in that picture are still bent so that he can stand. That, plus he's leaning on that box behind him. All I can still say for certain is that Rizzo is the right size.

:stick_out_tongue:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Toynewsi.com has posted pictures of a glass case at the EFX booth showing a Reporter Kermit, Rizzo the Rat and a Miss Piggy head sculpt. Exciting stuff!

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...Con/eFX&pic=IMG_8995.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0
I so love kermit and rizzo the way that they look i hope they keep those looks i will be buying both of them the three i want the most are kermit rizzo and piggy and fozzie i am so glad that piggy and rizzo and kermit are the first to come out .:smile:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted as yet but in the UK we have Rizzo up for Sale at Play.com it says:

"Muppet Show:- 18" Rizzo The Rat

Pre-order. | Due for release on 30/03/2010

Stands 18" tall
Based on reference materials provided by the Muppet studio
Fully articulated
Dressed in 'West Village' t-shirt, letterman jacket with real suede and leather sleeves and 'ratpanic' embroidery, yellow baseball cap
Numbered limited edition of 1000

We're not sure how an agrophobic rodent deals with the dizzying heights of fame but since his first appearance in The Muppet Show, Rizzo the Rat has been a star!

Don't let his size or deceptively simple looks fool you, Muppets are crafted with love by their designers and a lot of love went into Rizzo. The first port of call was a visit to Disney's wonderful Muppet Studios, where their fine staff opened up the vaults (reference files) to provide an incredible amount of reference materials. Foam patterns, fur patterns, clothing patterns, material samples, drawings with measurements, photos with measurements, you name it, they provided it in the interest of complete accuracy and authenticity. This classified information was handed over to Mike Moore, a devoted Muppet fan and talented puppet maker, who was tasked with turning all of this into Rizzo the Rat replicas."

the cost is, wait for it £349.00 down 12% from £399.00. Don't forget that you can get cash back at Quidco.com.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/12538284/The-Muppet-Show-18-Rizzo-The-Rat/Product.html

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey Leanne,

We have been discussing this in the main efx replicas thread. He has also gone on pre-order at Forbiddenplanet.co.uk (.com)

Bit cheaper than Play.com too.

Chris