The Baby Gonzo appreciation thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Come on... we all know that he gets all the best lines and scenes in the show... right allongside to Baby Animal, Beaker, Bunsen and Fozzie, Gonzo is my absolute favorite, and I think some ofd the best episodes center around him.

Who hear doesn't love the odd chemistry that only the Baby versions of Animal and Gonzo share (that was never actually explored anywhere else, mind you)? And what can you say about episodes like "The Weirdo Zone" and "Gonzee's Playhouse Channel?" Dude's loud, proud and wEiRd!

I can't even decide on one specific scene of his was most memorable to bring up an example.... Maybe his rock n' roll band (with real rocks and rolls), contorting his nose on his face, singing about being a Weird Troll. or perhaps his lament about being only a "Semi-Weirdo."

Anyone else have any favorites?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Baby Gonzo has always been my favorite of the Muppet Babies. In many ways, he's a representation of the Gonzo I am most comfortable with... The outgoing, crazy blue weirdo.

There are so many really classic Baby Gonzo scenes. One of my particular favorites is in the episode Faster Than A Speeding Weirdo. It's not just one moment, but the whole plot about his torn Camilla. I think we really see how much he loves his stuffed chicken. And the scene after the song "I'll Be Blue For You" where he talks to Kermit on Mars for was really cute. And then when he finally reunites with Camilla, it's such a emotional moment. I guess this is ironic considering I just wrote about liking the crazy and outgoing Gonzo, but I really love that episode.

I don't know if I am alone in thinking this, but sometimes his laugh is so cute! I think that Russi Taylor's voice acting is a huge part of the appeal of the character. She really captured his personality.

Baby Gonzo really did seem to get more screen time than the other Muppet Babies. I wonder if this was because the writers just liked him, or if he was popular or what? Or if I'm just imagining that he got more screen time than the others?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Baby Gonzo was always my favorite, along with Baby Fozzie. They both gave me hope that it was OK to be weird and silly, despite what others say. :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I love Baby Gonzo, he is just a hilarious little fellow :smile: There are so many golden lines from him. His "Thanks Animal, that was... cool" is great. What makes it even better is his interaction with Baby Piggy. If she wasn't around to call him "bazooka beak" and "torpedo nose" and squeeze his nose so it makes that unique sound...

muppet baby

Reaction score
Come on... we all know that he gets all the best lines and scenes in the show... right allongside to Baby Animal, Beaker, Bunsen and Fozzie, Gonzo is my absolute favorite, and I think some ofd the best episodes center around him.

Who hear doesn't love the odd chemistry that only the Baby versions of Animal and Gonzo share (that was never actually explored anywhere else, mind you)? And what can you say about episodes like "The Weirdo Zone" and "Gonzee's Playhouse Channel?" Dude's loud, proud and wEiRd!

I can't even decide on one specific scene of his was most memorable to bring up an example.... Maybe his rock n' roll band (with real rocks and rolls), contorting his nose on his face, singing about being a Weird Troll. or perhaps his lament about being only a "Semi-Weirdo."

Anyone else have any favorites?
Amen to all that you said here , those eposides that you have listed here are some of my faverites of the series and always have been .

I love that time also sorry that i can not rememer the title of the eposide but , when he came in to the kitchen wearing gogles and then made a box into a old car, wow that was cool . I think he did it one time also as a old plane to .

i am right about that ar't i ? I sure hope so .

I love baby gonzo thanks for the thread Dr tooth .

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
I can get into this thread...despite the obvious choice of my favourite Muppet Baby. :smile:

Baby Gonzo though is awesome! The only thing I didn't like him in was the final season. He stopped being weird and became a pretty mean, spiteful and manipulative little thing. Then again, all the Babies changed in unpleasant ways, so I digress.

On a positive note, he was definitely the most popular, I think even bypassing Baby Kermit and Baby Piggy in some aspects. He was far more interesting, the most developed, and I think writers had a lot of fun with him! Not just in the show either. I knew someone who had the Weekly Reader book series, and most of the books were about him.

I have a lot of favourite Baby Gonzo moments, but one that stands out to me is when he takes Baby Skeeter hunting for some big game...and winds up stalking a monstrous game of jacks. LOL

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Who hear doesn't love the odd chemistry that only the Baby versions of Animal and Gonzo share (that was never actually explored anywhere else, mind you)?
YES! I love the Blues Brothers parody they did, when they had a literal JAM session! XD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like him in was the final season. He stopped being weird and became a pretty mean, spiteful and manipulative little thing. Then again, all the Babies changed in unpleasant ways, so I digress.
Yeah we can't really judge a character based on its last season. That's where most things tend to go down hill. :concern: :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah we can't really judge a character based on its last season. That's where most things tend to go down hill. :concern: :wink:
The last season basically seemed been there done that. There were a few good episodes and all, but the writing was slack, and the animation was... GUUHHHHHH....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It it just me, or does anybody else feel that Baby Gonzo helped to expand The Great Gonzo's character as a whole in some way?