Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sort of related... but uh... in Darkwing Duck #6, James hid some more Muppet references. There's someone wearing an Animal shirt an one of the alternate dimensional Darkwings in the splash panel crowd scene is a Fozzie Bear Darkwing.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I always comb through the DWD comics for Easter eggs like that. The character wearing the Animal shirt looks like a caricature, but I don't know who she might be.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The month's almost over, and still no sign of when the next issue will be released. They must be skipping this month (of course I think there was a month when two issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book came out).

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not coming out this week either. I'm not usually inclined to worry, but I'm worried.

Come to think about it, it's well over a month since the last one came out now, and we should at least have some sign when it's about to be due. And also, everyone involved at Boom has been pretty silent lately. We haven't heard anything about the next Classics series (Sherlock Holmes ends this month, and we usually get the next series info 2 series in advance). I know they keep saying cryptic stuff about plans for 2011... and I'm greatly looking forward to this week's debut of Rescue Rangers... but I just wanna know if something is up.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's not coming out this week either. I'm not usually inclined to worry, but I'm worried.

Come to think about it, it's well over a month since the last one came out now, and we should at least have some sign when it's about to be due. And also, everyone involved at Boom has been pretty silent lately. We haven't heard anything about the next Classics series (Sherlock Holmes ends this month, and we usually get the next series info 2 series in advance). I know they keep saying cryptic stuff about plans for 2011... and I'm greatly looking forward to this week's debut of Rescue Rangers... but I just wanna know if something is up.
Considering the next issue is supposedly about Christmas (or at least winter, but I think I read it iinvovles Christmas) it will be sad if it doesn't get released until after Christmas ends (though the trade paperback should be released after Christmas and several months before next years Christmas).

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wished that i had a place that sold Darkwing and Fraggle Rock comics but they don't. It's worries me that i'll never get to see any of these sooner and might have to wait a long time before i actually get to see them both. It makes me out of the loop. I just hope that Rescue Rangers are picked up my Hastings and i'll be able to get them. I love any of the Disney Afternoon line characters.

But enough of about that i'm loving the Muppet Sherlock Holmes. It is cracking me up. I would love to see a Muppet skit come out of this if the Muppets ever get to have their own show or even a movie. Now that would be awwwwsome! I also loved the Halloween type story too. Pretty cool to see a guest host which to me might have been a real DJ back in the day. I know it was a parody of Pickett (the guy who sang the Monster Mash) but the name sounded like a DJ. Also i could have seen Jerry Nelson playing that character. But i just can't get enough of the Muppet comics. Can't wait for the Christmas one to come out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But enough of about that i'm loving the Muppet Sherlock Holmes. It is cracking me up. I would love to see a Muppet skit come out of this if the Muppets ever get to have their own show or even a movie. Now that would be awwwwsome!
I actually like it a lot too. I hear a lot of negative things about it... and I have to admit, I'd much rather them focus on parodying detective movies like in the first issue, instead of just wacky hi-jinks like in the second and third issue. Plus, I just want Moriarty to show up already. Above all, I like them, I think they're really funny and all... love the references to Danger Mouse... but the one thing that bugs me is that they cast Kermit as LeStrade for the sake of having Kermit in every issue, when Sam would have been a stronger LeStrade. Someone that has little tolerance for the eccentricities of Sherlock and his style of crime fighting.

I'm just worried we don't know what the next saga will be after this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding ungrateful the LEAST they could have done is told us this straight. I like Darkwing and Rescue Rangers, but when that's gone, I give up with them. This is very disappointing, and I would think that the least they could have done is give us a reason.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I got some bad news: It looks like Boom may be canceling all its Muppet titles. You can read about it here: http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/01/11/booms-pixar-and-muppet-titles-canceled-by-previews/

It'd be sad if we don't even get "The Four Seasons".
I will be furious if they leave 4 Seasons unreleased - at least pay tribute to Langridge by letting fans see his last Muppet stuff; give it its proper farewell! I could care less if it's delayed or we have to wait a while for it, but please allow it a proper sendoff.

Either way, Boom's making a huge mistake to let the Muppet comics go - we KNOW there's other talented folk who can do them.