Master Replicas Kermit Conversion?

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to purchase the Master Replicas Kermit and create a working Puppet out of him? :smile: That seemed like the most logical thing to do, and it would seem to be the highest quality way to do it. Unless there are aspects I don't know about the puppet.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried. I was thinking that EVENTUALLY, this might be the way to go.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on it. LOL Hope it's okay to ask!

Thanks and God Bless,

---Chuck

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum. :smile:

I do know that someone dissected the Kermit poser as can be seen on this blog. MR's Kermit poser proportions are slightly smaller than the puppet, however it would likely be the best way to get an authentic Kermit puppet. The issue would likely be with hollowing out the head without compromising the integrity of the face. I'm certain a puppet builder around here can provide some advice. :wink:

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I have had a blast here. I just wish I could find other puppet people in my area! LOL

Anyhoo, it seems that the blog wouldn't work for me, but I saw the one photo.

This possibility interests me thought. It might just be possible!

First of all, welcome to the forum. :smile:

I do know that someone dissected the Kermit poser as can be seen on this blog. MR's Kermit poser proportions are slightly smaller than the puppet, however it would likely be the best way to get an authentic Kermit puppet. The issue would likely be with hollowing out the head without compromising the integrity of the face. I'm certain a puppet builder around here can provide some advice. :wink:

kuzeh

Reaction score
You know,
i just got my Animal Replica and I'm very tempted to turn it into an actual puppet...

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
I have been researching the Master Replicas Kermit and seeing if it can be turned into a Puppet. There are two opinions of everyone I've talked to. One, yes and go for it. Two, it would be a LOT cheaper just to make my own. haha I'll start by making beginner puppets first.....:crazy:

You know,
i just got my Animal Replica and I'm very tempted to turn it into an actual puppet...

paplooo

Reaction score

i commit a sacrilege like i said to my friend....
MR kermit is gone.
now is a MR puppet kermit....
why ?>.. cos muppets are alive.. not a statue.. they mean to speak move etc etc etc.!!!!!
now my kermit is ALIVE>!!!!!!!!!
wasnt so difficult to do it.. took me around 2 hrs.. slow NO rush ...
what i did was open the back/low.. and start to carve a hole .. then when i came across with he plastic bit.. i cut the wires of the legs and then i remove them...
next step.. i cut a bit under the armpit..and i cut the wires but i didnt remove the wires from the arms..
next i cut from inside all the wires for the head..and remove the plastic bit.
then i open the back of the head and i remove the foam and wires...
sewed all the bits again.. put the eyes on the right position ( cos i dont like the look of MR ) and done.!

[/IMG]

paplooo

Reaction score
its ok.. my hands are quite small./.. so somebody with bigger hands should fit perfect.