Wondering about actual replica prices

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well as i seen here in the reviews the suggested prices for the replicas where:
Kermit 200$
Gonzo 299$
Animal 399$

While Master replicas is sold out on kermit and Animal they still have Gonzo left.

Now if you look around Kermit is hard to find now and if he will go for 220$ or more. Thats ok because its hard to find.

If you take Gonzo you can buy him for 199$ now at MR but much cheaper on ebay and some other onlinestores ( cheapest i found was 125 in store and 100 final price on ebay )

Animal the most expensive so far you can find at 120$ BIN on Ebay while in most stores he is still 149-179$ but is sold out at MR.

Now i wonder how could someone sell Gonzo and Animal that cheap without getting a huge loss ? Even MR sells Gonzo for more.

Well im not complaining because of that i will get Gonzo and Animal cheap and i have to pay huge shipping costs.
I only wondering because all sold ones are new so the seller must sell em with loss or got em very cheap from somewhere.

This will mean the replicas dont sell that well for high prices.

I hope this will not affect Fozzies release, because i want one too i only fear he cant be shipped to germany because of its size :/

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A Theory...

Here's the skinny of how many companies (not necessarily MR) clear out stock that's been sitting around a while. They wholesale a large number of units to independent sellers that can afford to sit on and warehouse such inventory. The company (like MR) doesn't exactly take a loss, they just kind of break even (maybe gain a modest profit) and get to move on to focus their energy and attention on different things. I don't know how much items like Muppet posers cost to make. I would guess they'd could range anywhere between $40-90. Any more than that and they wouldn't get a green light from the bean counters.

So my theory is that Gonzo cost about $70 to make (I'm probably quite off on that number). MR sold a dozen or so units at 20% or so over cost. That would be around $84 each. The seller then inflates the price and controls scarcity of the item so they can really set their own price in the long run. This means they can undercut the asking price from others until there are few units left on the market. They then can double or triple their price and only release a few of their units at a time until they have sold out.

Companies are often beholden to quarterly profit reports that the independent market is not. This could not be at all how MR sold through their stock. It is, again, a practice that others do follow. Hope this helped.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Well im not complaining because of that i will get Gonzo and Animal cheap and i have to pay huge shipping costs.
:/
If you are patient and look around on e-Bay, you can find a couple sellers with free shipping.

Andibcool

Reaction score
If you are patient and look around on e-Bay, you can find a couple sellers with free shipping.
Nope i live in Germany so shipping this huge items is expensive.
Free shipping most of the time is open to USA only.

Shipping one replica to germany cost 80-110$ at most sellers.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Nope i live in Germany so shipping this huge items is expensive.
Free shipping most of the time is open to USA only.

Shipping one replica to germany cost 80-110$ at most sellers.
Have you looked at buying from the UK? You could save on shipping from here. Just a thought.:smile:

Davina

Reaction score
free shipping rarely applies to alaska either, so it's not just europe who gets stuck with those deals.. heh..

Andibcool

Reaction score
Have you looked at buying from the UK? You could save on shipping from here. Just a thought.:smile:
Got any shops ?
I did google but didnt find any shops that have Kermit or Animal for a decent price. I found a german shop www.replix.de for Gonzo for 199 Euro ( around 255 $ ) with free shipping while Animal is 249 Euro ( 320$ ) .
While Gonzo could be ok for that price, selfimport is only alittle cheaper with tax and shipping, Animal is to expensive there.
I bought one for 120$ plus 87$ shipping on ebay.

Andibcool

Reaction score

muppetperson

Reaction score
Have you tried bigbadtoystore.com? They have Gonzo for US$149.99 and ship worldwide.
It says they are substandard, but I think it might just be that the box has been damaged or opened.

Andibcool

Reaction score
Oh that shop seems very bad to me. Selling a damaged product for more then other stores with 100% new and not damaged ones and takeing additional 30$ -70$ for shipping then other stores.
129$ for shipping ? While the real needed is 69$ ?

Nah i can order the 125$ Gonzo on Amazon and pay 62.50$ for shipping from redfordfilms.

Its just i cant order the 99$ one on Amazon from redfordfilms because Amazon ships em and they dont ship toys in other contrys.

I know its only 26$ i save, but its 26$ and less tax fo me.