Your Thoughts: Muppet Whatnot Workshop on The Today Show

wes

Reaction score
Bobo was a little random a throw back to muppets tonite, it was a shameless 30 minute plug for the what nots thing, pretty cool.

I wonder how much it cost for them to block that much time on the show, oh nevermind I just remembered there owned by Disney never mind.

Money talks!

zanimum

Reaction score
Credits, according to Muppet Wiki

It sounded like Steve.
According to the article on "The Muppets Take Over Today" on Muppet Wiki, it was. Here's the cast list, as established over there:

* Bill Barretta as Bobo the Bear, orange featureless Whatnot, Bubba
* Fran Brill as Muppet Meredith
* Tyler Bunch as Muppet Willard, green featureless Whatnot
* Stephanie D'Abruzzo as Muppet Ann, blue featureless Whatnot, director
* Eric Jacobson as Miss Piggy
* Dave Goelz as Waldorf :sleep:
* Noel MacNeal as Muppet Al
* Joey Mazzarino as Muppet Matt, rat :shifty:
* Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog, Statler :boo:, Big Mean Carl, Muppet Lenny

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm glad that got Fran Brill involved i thought that was great, she is such a talent and hasn't been used with the Classic Muppets for quite some time. This was also a great chance to get some of the Newer Muppeters out there and in the spot light. The writeing was spot on for all the Muppets. It also was great to still see the Muppets doing some adult humor. I was really glad to see them use some Muppet monsters and rats, and did you notice they used Rizzo with the long hook from Muppets.com? That was preety cool as well.

Oh did anyone esle see when Kermit was walking towards the Piano that you saw the top of Steve's head for a split second! He quickly lowered Kermit down to where his head was out of shot.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it will be interesting to see who does Carl in letters to Stanta! Oh you know what i just thought of I think i know the prefect person to do Janice, Fran Brill! If she can get her voice a little deeper then i think she would almost have it.

beaker

Reaction score
Man what a nice surprise this was. This is how I always imagined a "new" Muppet show. Hip, live, in an open time square sort of studio(like Total Request Live MTV), with segments on the street and even some improv. I loved how from beginning to end, it felt like it's own Muppet show complete with a storyline. Just so irreverent and fun.

And man, Big Mean Carl, a Muppet from Mopatop...so random and obscure! I love when they throw in totally random or obscure characters(like the use of Jim Henson Hour characters in Muppets From Space and other things) If they were to ever bring back Digit, that'd be just too much.

This is just another major sign that we are on the horizon of a massive paradigm shift for the Muppets in their glorious full fledged return after two decades.

(sadly the build a whatnot has gone from $90 to $130, as well as they have backed new orders til February)