Your Thoughts: The Christmas Toy DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The beloved Henson special, The Christmas Toy is now on DVD. When you get your copy, post here and let us know what you think of this new release.

Since most of us will be getting this release, we'd like to mention that if you order The Christmas Toy from Amazon using this link above, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee with free shipping. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

Let us know what you think of The Christmas Toy now on DVD.

Reaction score
I just saw a review of the DVD on DVD Talk and Kermit isn't in The Christmas Toy, unfortunately. :cry: I have the DVD on preorder but I guess I will also be holding onto my VHS copy as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's a shame, as well as no bonus features. I have the VHS and I'll probably hold off on this for awhile. But I'll definitely recommend to friends. :smile:

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I can live without Kermit in this one better than I can "Emmet Otter." I might have to go ahead and buy this!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I actually think I'm more upset about Kermit being left out of The Christmas Toy, just because it's such a strong part of my childhood memory. But I guess it doesn't really matter which is worse, hehe. I'll still recommend the DVD to people. :smile:

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I actually think I'm more upset about Kermit being left out of The Christmas Toy, just because it's such a strong part of my childhood memory. But I guess it doesn't really matter which is worse, hehe. I'll still recommend the DVD to people. :smile:
Yeah, I guess it's all about childhood memories...I think I probably saw "Christmas Toy" first, but I always liked "Emmet" better, so that's the one I want to see as close to the original as possible.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it's all about childhood memories...I think I probably saw "Christmas Toy" first, but I always liked "Emmet" better, so that's the one I want to see as close to the original as possible.
Yeah it's all about perspective. I think The Muppet Movie is the best film, but Muppets Take Manhattan is my favorite. :smile:

But anyway, as long as TCT DVD still has the dark hallway shots and touching ending, I'll be happy, lol. :smile:

Btw, I LOVE Tough Pigs' commentary on the special! Lol

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll stick with my original TV recording, then. If Kermit's not in it, it's just not the same D:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
*sigh* I bought this today at Target, even without Kermit on it I just couldn't pass this up.