Writing Campaign: Save the Fozzie Photo Puppet

Luke

Reaction score
Look at the one from F.A.O. Shwartz.May already be in our store.Hmm.
Oh yeah well FAO (and Amazon, TRU etc) is always gonna be a generic response, massive company, but it looked like the smaller retailers and collector sites were actually making enquiries so that was the point. :smirk:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
i'm not quite sure what Master Replicas was expecting taking on the license when it didn't have the budget to actually market them much.
Actually, I think -- and I could be wrong -- that the Muppets came as a part of the Disney license. I don't think there was a separate license; it was a part of the all-encompassing Disney license that MR already had.

Telly

Reaction score
SO does that mean that MR has the license to the Muppets as long as they hold the Disney license?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hey Trav...may we ask what are they doing next for the Muppets then since we won't be getting the posers anymore? Do you know what they had on planning to put out next Muppetwise? What other licenses did they get other than the Ghostbusters license?

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Well, I honestly cannot say... it seems that much has probably changed since I left. But there was no plan for any other Muppet products, beyond the Photo Puppets.

Also, I don't think there were any new licenses beyond Ghostbusters.

But I've been gone for almost 6 weeks now. Anything and everything could have changed.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
SO does that mean that MR has the license to the Muppets as long as they hold the Disney license?
I think so yes. That's if I am correct in my understanding. As I said, I could be wrong. It MIGHT be a different license entirely.

Luke

Reaction score
Actually, I think -- and I could be wrong -- that the Muppets came as a part of the Disney license. I don't think there was a separate license; it was a part of the all-encompassing Disney license that MR already had.
Hey Trav, makes a lot more sense then. But what exactly is the license they have for Disney? Obviously there are loads of companies making plastic and plush items of their characters so i take it theres some category that defines it more or its just not exclusive?

The point kinda still stands tho, there needed to be a bit more public exposure to sell enough of these. It was ok for Kermit cos he's a big seller anyway but the others were always gonna be weaker. I think if anything Fozzie was the other one that would get more attention tho - i always thought the bear market had huge potential cos those collectors are used to spending $ and same with really hardcore pop culture type collectors cos he just looked amazing as a display piece and went so well with all the kermits!

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Trav-Daddy,

How's daddy work? Having fun with the baby? You were always very good to us, for that you have my up most respect.

Guys I love the contact Campaign. I will keep this fire burning till the license expires if need be. I don't feel we're owed anything by MR. Not at all. We owe it to ourselves, to continue our campaign. We owe it to the frog, to keep our spirits up for the next 1.8 years that MR could find a way around this "snafu", and produce that one last remaining widget comedic bear named... Fozzie.

Kevin

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Trav. It's great to hear from you again. On a personal level, what and how are you doing now?

I can only speak for myself, but I always understood that the marketing budget for this project had to be next to nothing and my biggest frustration was that free marketing opportunities were never utilized to their fullest. It's very seldom when a company can speak to a large majority of their consumers (like on these boards) and yet, until Gonzo was about to come out, MR never took advantage of that opportunity.

I'm right there with Jamie in that I never would've bought the posers without the photos that were placed on this board – MR's website photos literally cost them sales and we'll never know how many. I'm curious, if everyone knew they were so bad why weren't they changed?

I don't know that I've seen posts where MR owed someone something, but it is a shame because we all wanted this line to succeed (for MR AND so that we could get more Muppety goodness) and I don't know that we feel they gave them the best chance for success. Let's face it, MR didn't need to reach millions of people, just a few thousand of us die-hards.

In the end, of course MR is the one that suffers. But it's also the fans that suffer and I don't think that should be minimalized. It seems the Muppets have been somewhat doomed for the last few years.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's sad to see this is the end of the line for the replicas...(My housemates were just asking me when I planned to buy another...oh well). But I'm glad you could come and clear a lot of the stuff up for us, Travis.

Bea:zany:{So...any chance of that Sam Eagle replica they owe us? Joking...joking...}regard