Writing Campaign: Save the Fozzie Photo Puppet

Luke

Reaction score
Some more responses -

entertainment earth - We have not been given a release date for the Master Replicas Fozzie yet. If and when it becomes available for pre-order through our company, it will be posted on our website. Keep your eyes peeled!

keonigs collectables - they have not given us any information about that item yet. I just emailed my sales rep to see if she can tell me anything

reel collectibles - Thanks for your email. We’re big fans ourselves (which is why we run this business I guess!) and have Kermie, Gonzo and Animal in our own personal collection. We had heard rumours that Fozzie would be next in the line of MR Muppets, however have not been able to find out anything recently about if this is still happening or not. Our main suppliers over this side of the world are no longer dealing with MR either, so there’s a chance we may not even be able to get any more MR products anyway, until we can sort out a new supplier.

All Movie Replicas - I don't know where you can get that.

Razors Edge Collectibles - Thanks for the email. Master Replicas has this item on hold. So as of now, it's not being released.

So lets keep the emails coming and see if it stirs up interest, sounds a little bit like they have a lack of information about Fozzie or are interested but hes just not available to them.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Or they are just sending a computer generated generic reply that looks like what ever you asked for could be coming in stock soon, when it doesnt exist yet!

Luke

Reaction score
Or they are just sending a computer generated generic reply that looks like what ever you asked for could be coming in stock soon, when it doesnt exist yet!
No, have had 100% personal replies so far.

Here's one from Corner Stone Comics -

We have no information on that. We have not even received a solicitation from Master Replicas yet.

Thanks!
Ryan Young
Office Administrator

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have a growing dissatisfaction with Master Replicas' customer relations. Except for Travis, I have always felt MR to have a cold approach to their fans and customers. They are entitled to that but it does not help them sell more widgets, whatjets or Muppets. :wink:

It appears, for whatever reason(s), that their minds are made up over there. I have been one of the greatest positive thinkers when it comes to the future of the posers at MR, but the writing is on the wall. I have spent nearly $800 on my posers and am privileged to have them. It saddens me that it has been said the MR brass dismissed us fans a while back because of our animated enthusiasm for this product. I just don't understand and hope that isn't the case. I don't know what to think. :confused:

If they make a Fozzie I'll buy him even if he isn't 100%. But if they stop making Muppet stuff entirely then I'm out of the MR store for good. I do collect other things, but my dollar goes to companies that appreciate my business. I feel they should be courting us rather than this backwards way that has been happening. :embarrassed:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I wonder why MR has there forum closed. I REALLY wanted to post some of these on there website showing how wrong they actually can be.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I wonder why MR has there forum closed. I REALLY wanted to post some of these on there website showing how wrong they actually can be.
When I read this, I just went over and checked for myself (not that I didn't believe you, I just wanted to see for myself) and sure enough, the forum is closed. That's a VERY bad sign. It seems they don't want to hear from the fans at all now! (Unless it's just down for maintenance. We'll just have to wait and see.)

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
When I read this, I just went over and checked for myself (not that I didn't believe you, I just wanted to see for myself) and sure enough, the forum is closed. That's a VERY bad sign. It seems they don't want to hear from the fans at all now! (Unless it's just down for maintenance. We'll just have to wait and see.)

:stick_out_tongue:

As long as I have been on that forum, it has never ever said Forum closed. But it has said "down temporarily for maintenance" a lot of times. I just think this is kinda weird. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Just want to add that a lot of the other forums have noticed this as well. It is catching on at Rebel Scum (Star Wars Forum).

muppetguy

Reaction score
Ok...

I apologize ahead of time if this sounds like I'm ranting, but...here it goes:

I can understand where MR's concerns are, but since all the replies look like they are waiting on MR, all bad points to them. Let me tell you, if they made 1000 of fozzie, I am most definitly sure that there HAS TO BE 1000 fans out there around the world, that WOULD put money into this, wether or not the economy is good or bad and if the fans even knew about it. I didn't know about Kermit until I joined here!:embarrassed:

Here's the ranting part: Everyone, even businesses who are doing quite well in times like this, use the "economy issue" as an excuse. No raises because of the economy...etc...blah blah blah.

I just wish I could get Fozzie. I have had money set aside over a year ago for him, this is just insanely ridiculous.

I honestly think MR has given up on the muppets at a time they are booing to stardom once again.

It just upsets me to know the ones I have, as someone else mentioned here, I'm sorry I don't remember who, but as a collector, the collection is not complete.

Thanks for putting up with my words...LOL :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Some more replies

Nitro comics - no info on Fozzie yet

DollTV - stocking all the photo puppets but no info on Fozzie yet

Forbidden Planet - item has been cancelled by suppliers

Collectors Zone - Master Replicas have pulled the plug on the Fozzie Photo puppet for the time being because of the spiraling factory costs to produce this item

Epic Heroes (UK) - have just added the existing two replicas suppliers have, stocks are very low - http://www.epicheroes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14_429

Figures Direct - Fozzie doesnt appear on any pricelists. Sending email to distributor to get more info.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Ernie–
You stated a while back that you thought MR may be selling the license to someone else. Care to elaborate now that it didn't happen? What do you think the chances would be of this unnamed company obtaining the license if MR were to fold?

I'm certainly not holding my breath – I would've expected Muppet figs would've been made long ago by someone else when Pal went out of business...