"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well Segal did say he was initially laughed at when he pitched his desire to work with the Muppets. There are some who have that reaction, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Guys... this is NOT a muppet movie. it is a Henson movie... and it's already being discussed in "Muppet Worlds"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This actually sounds really good so far to me! It sounds well executed and like it runs deeper than your run of the mill adult puppet fare on TV. It's like they put some thought and substance behind it instead of humor for a cheap laugh. I guess we just have to see how things turn out. But so far form with the article says I am liking it so far.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Guys... this is NOT a muppet movie. it is a Henson movie... and it's already being discussed in "Muppet Worlds"
I completely understand, but as far as the rest of the world goes, the general public is still going to make the connection of Heson to Muppets. I doubt the average Joe doesn't know the intricate details of who owns what (heck, I'm not even sure Iknow the intricate details). Besides, the point is that the writer of this article seems so excited.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I completely understand, but as far as the rest of the world goes, the general public is still going to make the connection of Heson to Muppets. I doubt the average Joe doesn't know the intricate details of who owns what (heck, I'm not even sure Iknow the intricate details). Besides, the point is that the writer of this article seems so excited.
I was referring to the fact that the threads should be merged, and that this was discussed anywhere. Hope this clears up the confusion.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hmmm... the whole puppets as second class citizens thing reminds me slightly of Greg the Bunny.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Most everything has "been done" in one way or another. Art is not created in a vacuum. The only difference in projects is the individual artistic slant that can't be fully appreciated until the film is flickering across theater screens. One thing I can assume is it will not resemble Meet the Feebles. He he. :embarrassed:

wombat woman

Reaction score
Puppet Noir

(I wasn't sure where to put this thread. It has nothing to do with Puppets Up! but does relate to Henson Alternative.)

Latest press release from JHC:

http://www.henson.com/press_releases/2008-10-14.pdf

This could be really good, or could fall on its, um, posterior. But leastway's it ought to be interesting to see develop.

It does sound a bit Greg-the-Bunnyish in parts. (This is not a bad thing.)

Dawn

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
It also makes me think of the Happy Time Friends or whatever it was called on Angel w/ the evil puppets.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It also makes me think of the Happy Time Friends or whatever it was called on Angel w/ the evil puppets.
I believe it was Smile Time on Angel. :halo:

Wow, that is very similar in title. I'm sure this will be distinct and the the closest quality Muppet-type parody. Maybe if it is a success it will help fuel funding for the Dark Crystal project. :scary: