Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
Looks like Master Replicas has finally been sold.It did look like before that Corgi sold to Popco, but apparently it didnt proceed as it says that Factory Entertainment bought it from Corgi.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So is this Factory Entertainment the company taking over the Muppet posers with MR or is the license for the Muppets going to an entirely differerent place?

Davina

Reaction score
that part we don't know yet... hopefully we'll hear where the license is going soon...

good to hear that MR still has it's head above water and they are looking to reboot their lines. They're a good company who just had bad timing issues...
They do not currently hold the license, as I recall, so it isn't as simple as transfering it over, but you never know...

muppetperson

Reaction score
So is this Factory Entertainment the company taking over the Muppet posers with MR or is the license for the Muppets going to an entirely differerent place?
No, a different place, which is yet to be announced.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No, a different place, which is yet to be announced.
Thanks for the update. That makes me a little more confident. I hope this new company is someone a bit more grounded and steady than a recently purchased start-up. However, I am very excited for MR's future. I wonder if they'll be closing their doors in Walnut Creek to settle down in the UK?

News should be coming in a couple months, I guess. :smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't think they will be closing in California from what I gather from Tom. I believe they will be still working in both areas, the UK and the US.

Luke

Reaction score
Looks like Master Replicas has finally been sold.It did look like before that Corgi sold to Popco, but apparently it didnt proceed as it says that Factory Entertainment bought it from Corgi.
I think your mistaken, Popco is part of Corgi. Master Replicas and Popco were two sub-divisions, which were kinda merging. However Corgi ended up putting the Popco part into administration late last year.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think your mistaken, Popco is part of Corgi. Master Replicas and Popco were two sub-divisions, which were kinda merging. However Corgi ended up putting the Popco part into administration late last year.
That's right.I keep getting confused.Popco is the name Corgi international came up with so not to confuse people that they no longer have the Corgi cars brand.I remember you saying about some deal falling through?

Luke

Reaction score
PopCo was their pop culture subsidiary mainly based in the UK, that dealt with the Harry Potter , Nintendo and other mainstream pop culture items. Master Replicas were supposed to be placed under them because they were being restructured to also just deal in general pop culture items rather than premium stuff (and in fact i think MR sales and distribution did transfer to them).

Actually come to think of it .. all these Gonzos coming onto the market at really cheap prices. With PopCo going bust i would guess it isn't the case that these retailers didn't sell many at all and have been trying to get rid of their original stock, but it sounds like at some point Master Replicas have sold on the stock they had left at liquidated prices.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Actually come to think of it .. all these Gonzos coming onto the market at really cheap prices. With PopCo going bust i would guess it isn't the case that these retailers didn't sell many at all and have been trying to get rid of their original stock, but it sounds like at some point Master Replicas have sold on the stock they had left at liquidated prices.
I guess they will need to liquidate their remaining "Animal" stock as they wont be selling many at $199 when you can get them $100 cheaper.