Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Really? I can't get the first and last songs out of my head! Very catchy. Maybe the orchestration or delivery could have been punched up, but I liked the songs a lot. I want the album! :smile:
I like the songs too. Maybe I shouldn't listen to my parents opinions.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Really? I can't get the first and last songs out of my head! Very catchy. Maybe the orchestration or delivery could have been punched up, but I liked the songs a lot. I want the album! :smile:
I can get you the MP3s if you want 'em, Jamie! :big_grin:

Robin

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who was a bit dissappointed then.
I did enjoy allot of things don't get me wrong but something still felt like it was missing.
Did anyone else feel like that while watching this?
I would just like to say though after this my opinion of Steve Witmire has changed, he's filled in the Kermit shoes very nicely as well as many other characters.
I think this entire thing came off as a little to kiddy for me at times and thats what killed it for me.
That and Paul Williams really didn't seem to have his heart in it and or seemed drunk or something. :\
I also didn't really care for the songs, and let me tell you I'm a huge Paul Williams fan from the music he did for the Muppets all the way to the Phantom of the Paradise, but this stuff doesn't even come close.
Bobo honestly stole the show for me his bit with nathen lane was simply the best part.
There where a few bits in the movie I actully did roll my eyes at, but oh well i find myself doing that allot these days.
There where also quite a few times I did have a big smile on my face though so don't think I'm all hating on this.
Maybe I need to see it a few more times but over all it felt like some show that any character could have been in and they just crammed a bunch of Muppets into it to try and make us uber fans happy.
Yes... I agree with you!

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great... Something was missing. Gonzo was wrong... on the wing of the plane Gonzo of the Henson years would have loved it! The other muppets would have screamed... Gonzo was not irreverent enough... the heart of the muppet movies usually focuses around Kermit with the other charecters rotating around him like the sun.... You know what I mean... also what was missing was goofy and silly sub plots with the more silly Muppet...

MWoO

Reaction score
Yes... I agree with you!

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great... Something was missing. Gonzo was wrong... on the wing of the plane Gonzo of the Henson years would have loved it! The other muppets would have screamed... Gonzo was not irreverent enough... the heart of the muppet movies usually focuses around Kermit with the other charecters rotating around him like the sun.... You know what I mean... also what was missing was goofy and silly sub plots with the more silly Muppet...
Gonzo did love being on the wing. He was screaming out of excitement, not terror. At least that how i see it. He was also the one who said they had to jump leading the way. That, combined with the xray and him jumping on the mail conveyor belt just because it looked like fun seems very much like the Gonzo of old.

I agree it wasn't great but for what it was and how much time it took it seemed like a step in the right direction, as others have said. I'd like to see what the muppets can do when they are not dealing with Santa.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Guys, why did you delite my post? I said, "No offense."
Reason: Could start a fight between members which we seek to avoid.
Best to let the issue pass, please. Even though something is innocently said, on a message board it can still incite a problem. Mainly because folks can't hear the inflection of tone in the words. I fell victim to this before when I first started posting at MC, so I'm a bit more careful since. :smile:

Thanks!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Best to let the issue pass, please. Even though something is innocently said, on a message board it can still incite a problem. Mainly because folks can't hear the inflection of tone in the words. I fell victim to this before when I first started posting at MC, so I'm a bit more careful since. :smile:

Thanks!
Oh, I see.