Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Nick22

Reaction score
i thought the movie was a little short. but *ehem*

JANICE! ROBIN!SCOOTER!SWEETUMS!DR.TEETH!ZOOT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

*EHEM* all done. i think it was ok over all. i thought it went by way too fast though.

doctort13

Reaction score
I feel that this is a good start. A bit short (will the DVD be longer?), but not too short.

My two young children (20 months and 4 years old) were jumping about the house while my wife and I (39 and 44) were trying to watch the show.

If Disney can get these specials out 4-5 times a year I think that the Muppets will once again find many new friends.

Miss Froggy

Reaction score
It was really cute...of course, I was watching with a couple of guys who couldn't shut up, so that might have impaired my watching...but I really did enjoy it.:smile:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I love it! It was really cute. And Rowlf looks really cute wearing a Santa's hat.:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I loved the special. It was very good, with very funny parts. I thought the characters were very classic in their performances and was very happy to see Crazy Harry, and even characters in the background like Pops and Beauregard! Rowlf had a good speaking part at the end, and the Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo trio was great.

Anybody who bad-mouths it gets banned!

Just kidding. :smile:

Bobo was very funny, too. Pepe and Rizzo make a great team. Glad to see Camilla again, too, with Gonzo. Scooter and Janice were great to see, but I hope (as was mentioned in the article with the writers) that the DVD has some additional footage with more of the EM Band.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I loved the special. It was very good, with very funny parts. I thought the characters were very classic in their performances and was very happy to see Crazy Harry, and even characters in the background like Pops and Beauregard! Rowlf had a good speaking part at the end, and the Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo trio was great.

Anybody who bad-mouths it gets banned!

Just kidding. :smile:

Bobo was very funny, too. Pepe and Rizzo make a great team. Glad to see Camilla again, too, with Gonzo. Scooter and Janice were great to see, but I hope (as was mentioned in the article with the writers) that the DVD has some additional footage with more of the EM Band.
LOL I almost wish that would happen! lol maybe we could just throw Muffens at them!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who was a bit dissappointed then.
I did enjoy allot of things don't get me wrong but something still felt like it was missing.
Did anyone else feel like that while watching this?
I would just like to say though after this my opinion of Steve Witmire has changed, he's filled in the Kermit shoes very nicely as well as many other characters.
I think this entire thing came off as a little to kiddy for me at times and thats what killed it for me.
That and Paul Williams really didn't seem to have his heart in it and or seemed drunk or something. :\
I also didn't really care for the songs, and let me tell you I'm a huge Paul Williams fan from the music he did for the Muppets all the way to the Phantom of the Paradise, but this stuff doesn't even come close.
Bobo honestly stole the show for me his bit with nathen lane was simply the best part.
There where a few bits in the movie I actully did roll my eyes at, but oh well i find myself doing that allot these days.
There where also quite a few times I did have a big smile on my face though so don't think I'm all hating on this.
Maybe I need to see it a few more times but over all it felt like some show that any character could have been in and they just crammed a bunch of Muppets into it to try and make us uber fans happy.

Vully

Reaction score
WOW. This has been THE BEST presentation of the MUPPETS in years. Seriously. Even though it is a one hour special (well, 47 minutes if you knock out the commercials, more or less) it packs a wallop of wonder and delight to these old Muppeteering eyes.

It felt like a return to the formula that was so well developed for the earlier Muppet films, as well as a good acknowledgement of the formula that made the original MUPPET SHOW the classic it still is today.

If this is the caliber of material that we can expect from here on out for major Muppet productions, then, I am thrilled and excited. Kudos to the team up at Muppet Studios...and may this opening gambit be the doorway to many, many more great projects to follow.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Well, I got to admit, I think the songs are a bit forgettable. They're very nice, but forgettable. Let's see if the new muppet movie can make it better. Don't you think?:wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I got to admit, I think the songs are a bit forgettable. They're very nice, but forgettable. Let's see if the new muppet movie can make it better. Don't you think?:wink:
Really? I can't get the first and last songs out of my head! Very catchy. Maybe the orchestration or delivery could have been punched up, but I liked the songs a lot. I want the album! :smile: