Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

anytimepally

Reaction score
You kidding? It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie was TERRIBLE!
you're wrong.

Why NBC? Does Disney not have enough faith in the muppets to put them on their own networks? But, sounds interesting.. hopefully, we'll get to see Johnny and Sal :search: .. and Paul Williams = awesome! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why NBC? Does Disney not have enough faith in the muppets to put them on their own networks? But, sounds interesting.. hopefully, we'll get to see Johnny and Sal :search: .. and Paul Williams = awesome! :excited:
Personally, I LOVE the fact they didn't just toss it on its own network. It at least shows they want to treat the Muppets as a separate entity of the Disney corporation. Plus, Disney DOES have a lot of things on NBC. Why, last Thanksgiving they had NBC show The Incredibles...

I was really disappointed in the Elmo special last year and just worry when something like this is rushed. Of course any muppets is better than no muppets.
Personally, I felt the special had some great bits... but over all, it was rushed an uneven, and it basically had no plot. Plus the fact that every 5 minutes they had to make a joke about the elf screwing up. it didn't feel to me anything but a series of skits misplaced with in a story-less story.

This one seems to have a nice little plot. As long as the letters aren't a flimsy connecting device for a bunch of hit or miss skits, we can't go wrong.

muppet baby

Reaction score
i am so happy about this wow i can not wait but i am a little scared though that something might happen , that it may be late in coming say a year , or somthing like that with production .

I hope that won't happen i am just saying that because i know that it happened with some other produtions that was going to be done .

I really like the muppets , i hope that this comes out it sounds wonderful i saw when first logged into the website . I can not wait !

It is going to make my christmas ! My dad, and mom are going to love it to they always watch the new speicals or movies with me . We have done that sice i was little .

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm still not really sold on the plot, but await more news.

Although, nutbunnies, I thought it would be coming out THIS season :/

ngreen522

Reaction score
You kidding? It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie was TERRIBLE!
...just couldn't let this one go...
It's a Very Mery Muppet Christmas Movie was quite hysterical! In the spirit of all of this recent good news, I think I'll be viewing that one tonight.

BEAR

Reaction score
Muppets do the best Christmas specials and the best Muppet specials are Christmassy! I'm really excited about this. I can't have a proper holiday season without adding this to my collection of movies to watch. Wow...there have been a lot of Muppet related holiday specials.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Exactly. If they're already shooting the special it means the script has been written, approved, edited, approved again, and readied for the small screen. I'd say that this special is definitely happening and we should all be very happy about that.

And I'm in the boat of those who thought VMX was one of the very best things the Muppets have done--not just recently. It was snappy, witty, heart-warming, and all around fun. Let's hope this new special can match that.

Luke

Reaction score
Course it will air!

New Muppet Xmas Special - Yay
Whoopie Goldberg - Ugh
Plot ... Meh