Any news on Sesame Street Old School Vol. 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Perhaps the third volume would be its own multiple set, with one being focused on skits and the other on Street scenes?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Me, I still find a fond place in my heart for the Street. Sure, things have changed & some characters--Linda, Barkley, Bruno, Biff, etc.--have left, but the loveable quality of the show (even with Elmo) is still present...even today.
*sigh* When all my favorite characters left the heart went out of SS to me...I still watch it, but it is just not the same with Barkley only showing up as a sample of a dog on Elmo's World, Linda and Bruno gone,and the classic adults only getting bit parts...

As for Bruno, it's a shame money has to keep him from being remade :frown:. It make me wonder, if Big Bird had to be remade again would they do it?:wisdom:I miss his days of stardom ...

Perhaps the third volume would be its own multiple set, with one being focused on skits and the other on Street scenes?
I don't think that will happen..They seem to not understand how important the 80's SS was to all of us..The DVDs seem to be made as samplers, not full storylines...Maybe to try to make people forget how good the storylines use to be?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'd just like to think they moved, due to a job relocation. That seems more plausible than saying "they'e 'retired'" (i.e. that they're characters are essentially dead, as they're no longer being used).
That ever floats your boat...

Anyway, It's true that ti would cost a fortune to rebuild Bruno, but it just seems that they are just not using him anyway. Caroll's book explains what happened to him.

Da Dogster

Reaction score
Growing up from the first show to (yes) Today's show. A Lot has changed. we lost Pro. Hastings, cause he was tooo dull. We even lost Rosevelt Franklin, He was way To ruley, (parents had thought.) Sam (the original) Robot got scraped, the around the corner set was scraped as well. Not to Mention, Where's Snuffy? and his sister Alice?

But it's not the Muppets that we lost, The Human Factor (not Mr. Hooper) was lost as well. (true some had died but there was other great humans that was there that would have been great to see them last longer as well.
But as the old song gose The times was changeing way too fast.

The Best Thing that they had done was to come out with the discs to remind us how it used to be, my amallest niece could not belive the first season, And I am sure that there are some who has children as young as her asking, Where's Cookie, Where's Elmo, And Where's Telly.

So If any one of the company reads this..
PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE bring us more of these great sets!
Thank you. :wisdom:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. We need the classics as much as we need the modern stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering it's almost a year since Vol2 was released... well, is it a bad sign we haven't heard anything yet? I'd say either we're not going to get a traditional "Old School" set, but something else. Just not yet.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
For the 80's--as there were so many quality skits--we'll probably just get a "Best Of".

Drtooth

Reaction score
For the 80's--as there were so many quality skits--we'll probably just get a "Best Of".
I'd say I'd rather see something EXACTLY like the last 2 releases, but with key episodes of the show instead of first episodes of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.