It's a Great Day to Be a Muppet Fan!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I actually like these Gonzo origin story ideas so much that I'm thinking of making my own little mini comic of them. I really don't need another project, but you know - Muppet energy's got to go somewhere! I am an artist so handling both parts wouldn't be too difficult (sample art of what one of my wijits looks like). I'll probably stuff this bit in a file folder for a while.

There is an old Spinney story of his helping Jim with an Ernie and Bert sketch years back. Jim slightly kicked the Ernie puppet out of his path in a way Caroll found thoughtless. This resulted in Caroll apologizing to Ernie which Jim found very odd. He wasn't as precious with the puppets as he was the message, comedy etc.

I remember defending my Fraggle Rock lunchbox in the fourth grade. I loved it so and still have it! Fraggles tend to repel the more cynical minded. I feel bad for anyone that can't hear the Fraggle message. Even Boober could hear that (he's my favorite). They have a sweetness that I never want to lose.
Your lineart is so crisp :flirt:! *lol* I have lots of good ideas for drawings but I am lucky if I can even do my little doodles:stick_out_tongue:.

I've always been attached more to things and animals than people, so I would have said sorry to Ernie to :smile:.

FR is a nice safe place to me, since I have always been optimistic, and more and more the world seems to be going in the jaded, pessimistic, glass half empty way...We need fraggles now, we really do...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm in total agreement with this thread in that now is a great time to be a Muppet fan, but there's a couple of "official sources" over at the Newsflash forum reporting trouble with the DC ratings and rumored axing of Segel's Muppet film. The wet blanket posters of Muppetdom rear their heads again. I'm not surprised. This usually happens when things start percolating for the Muppets and honestly some of it is warranted by a spotty track record.
That would be devestating if Segel's Muppet film were pulled, especially with how he's pushed for it. It has so much support, from the fans and the media... and from Angelina Jolie! Destroying that based on the weak ratings of a fairly weak television special would not be smart.

I'm sure it's nothing more than a rumor, so I hope you don't think I'm giving hope. But rumors like that hurt some of us fans.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I agree with EVERYTHING you've said Jamie (as always :stick_out_tongue:). I really don't think Greg at The Muppet Newslash would've posted any info on the movie if he hadn't gotten it from an extremely reliable source, but that's just me.

And isn't it GREAT to see people walking around with random Muppet stuff? I've seen FOUR different girls walking around with Kermit t-shirts since school started--and I've only been IN school for four days! :exciting: The Muppets are back in the public eye again--something that hasn't been true since the days of Muppets Tonight. I think this is gonna be big. And if it's not... I'll refuse to believe it--'cause at this rate I don't see how it won't be.

GO MUPPETS! ! ! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Your lineart is so crisp :flirt:! *lol* I have lots of good ideas for drawings but I am lucky if I can even do my little doodles:stick_out_tongue:.

I've always been attached more to things and animals than people, so I would have said sorry to Ernie too.

FR is a nice safe place to me, since I have always been optimistic, and more and more the world seems to be going in the jaded, pessimistic, glass half empty way...We need fraggles now, we really do...
Thanks. My wijits are actually influenced by the Fraggles, but they don't sing songs, speak their own language, they have teeth and eat whatever's handy. So...um I guess they're nothing like the Fraggles except maybe in my mind. There are five of them. That's something.

I would have said sorry to Ernie too. I talk to my Muppet posers when inconveniencing them. It’s a little know fact that when working on the Tux Gonzo figure that I named his companion Bernice because she wasn't supposed to be Camilla and I couldn’t in good conscience just call her Muppet chicken when making her. Little did I know Henson and Palisades would run with that name? :concern:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And I must note that this nicely dressed 20-something dude walked right by apartment yesterday and he had a brand new bright green Kermit satchel bag around his shoulder! That speaks more to me than any anonymous source charting Disney Channel figures.
The same applies to a few of my fellow college friends. A few times I have seen them sport Muppet wear, whether it Classic Muppets, Fraggle Rock, and even Sesame Street. And why would 20-somethings wear something a few people would consider rediculous? It is simply because Henson was a visionary and his creations transend generations, ignoring age standards (i.e. that [such and such shows] are for [such and such age]).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hahaha no way Jamie! That's AWESOME! You named Bernce! That's SO cool!
I think the name was already there before the action figure. At the time I remembered Gonzo calling out the name Bernice among other names of chickens, but I could have been wrong about that and just used the name of Bert's pigeon pal on Sesame Street. That's more likely. Either way, Henson trademarked it on the box. I like to think of it as my sort of creating a Muppet. I did design her from other chicken parts, but she's basically a generic Muppet chicken. Too bad the brown one and gray one didn't get names. That should have been a contest.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I never questioned the name Bernice - good job Jamie.

Even though we aren't hearing anything more about Segel's project it could still happen. (fingers crossed) Disney did very little advertising for the DC thing so, they shouldn't go by those numbers in my opinion.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I never questioned the name Bernice - good job Jamie.

Even though we aren't hearing anything more about Segel's project it could still happen. (fingers crossed) Disney did very little advertising for the DC thing so, they shouldn't go by those numbers in my opinion.
And let's not mention the fact that quite a few of us here didn't really care for DC's delivery, because it felt as if The Muppets were being considered second rate in comparison to the Tweens.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think the name was already there before the action figure. At the time I remembered Gonzo calling out the name Bernice among other names of chickens, but I could have been wrong about that and just used the name of Bert's pigeon pal on Sesame Street. That's more likely. Either way, Henson trademarked it on the box. I like to think of it as my sort of creating a Muppet. I did design her from other chicken parts, but she's basically a generic Muppet chicken. Too bad the brown one and gray one didn't get names. That should have been a contest.
Yet another example of Gonzo two-timing Camilla! :stick_out_tongue: