Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

mikebennidict

Reaction score
One thing that's beginning to bother me is they seem to be adding more recent stuff than older stuff.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Did we know that this clip was on the site:
http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...d-f4be3d3d4445/luis_and_maria_love_each_other

This clip shows Luis and Maria deciding to get married, after Big Bird prompts them to. It would be interesting to know more about the episode (like if there was any special reason why Big Bird had dinner with Luis and Maria).
I was wondering the same thing. If they were having a romantic dinner for two, why in the world would they invite Big Bird. If I had a date and an eight-foot bird ended up joining us, the girl would probably freak. Lol. It might be worth checking out the description of that ep on Muppet Wiki.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey We have the skits of Grover trying to get warm at Kermit's House,The Count and Loretta Lynn Singing Count On Me,and Kermit interviewing John John about him meowing like a cat.:smile::super::batty:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am glad that the Kermit and John-John skit was added. Info was posted at Muppet Wiki, compiled by CTW Archives documents, and since there were no pictures I had wondered whether the documents mistakenly listed Kermit instead of Herry (as Herry and John-John had also demonstrated loud and soft). Good to know it exists (a picture was shown in the 40th anniversary book, but it didn't say what happened in it).

I wonder if there were many other skits where Kermit interviewed children on real-life city streets. There's also the one with the girl who made animal sounds, and that seems to be it.

It's a bit hard to watch the ending to that "warm and cold" sketch with Grover... It's hard enough to watch Grover suffer, but for some reason seeing Kermit suffer by being locked out of his home and freeze out in the snow is a bit too much (it's also hard for me to watch the sketch where Bert gets locked out and Ernie mistakes his constant knocking for practice). Kermit didn't really deserve to be locked in the cold (on Sesame Street the straight men rarely do yet often wind up as victims), and he had constantly tried to help Grover keep warm.

Hmm, but it is interesting that Kermit had a pair of earmuffs, which Grover once tried to sell to Kermit... So much for not having ears.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I think you're taking the last 2 skits too seriously.

If this were for real, yes, but this is pretend and nothing to be upset about.