New Muppets Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That sounds like a fun plot ... though if the Muppets showed up at my house at all, I'd be living on cloud 9 for all eternity.... :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to the latest press release, its' about the Muppets accidentally averting three kids' letters to Santa and rushing to make sure they get to Santa so the kids' Christmas doesn't get ruined...that certainly sounds more appealing to me than the Muppets' own letters to Santa.
Ah, so that's the case.

What I think turned some people off is that it seems that the Muppets, as full of magic as they are, seem too grown up to write letters to Santa. I could see Robin doing so... but the Electric Mayhem?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Goldberg to star in Muppets show

Actors Whoopi Goldberg and Richard Griffiths have signed up to star in a Christmas special of children's TV show The Muppets, according to reports.

Trade magazine The Hollywood Reporter added Soprano actors Tony Sirico and Steve Schirripa would also appear in Letters to Santa - A Muppets Christmas.

Favourite characters such as Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy will be included in the one-off set on Christmas Eve.

The show will feature songs by The Muppet Movie songwriter Paul Williams.

It is set on Christmas Eve when Kermit and company mistakenly avert three letters en route to Santa Claus.

The mistake triggers a race against time to bring a happy Christmas to the children whose wishes were lost in the mail.

Last year Ben Stiller and Alicia Keys starred in Elmo's Christmas Countdown, which starred the Muppets' Sesame Street cousins.

source: BBC News
Sounds interesting:big_grin:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
hmm....TBH it seems to me that it's aimed at young children, when I read it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Ah, so that's the case.

What I think turned some people off is that it seems that the Muppets, as full of magic as they are, seem too grown up to write letters to Santa. I could see Robin doing so... but the Electric Mayhem?
Well, in the Muppet-verse, Santa--in various forms--does exist. ^_^ Plus, for all we know, The Muppets could have connections with the big elf himself just so they can get letters--whether they be their own or some child's--in on time before the big night. As well, you know the whole deal of Santa being one of the spirits of the holiday season (with the main big one being a little babe in swaddling clothes within a manager), anyway...XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
The show will feature songs by The Muppet Movie songwriter Paul Williams.
And we got confirmation it will be good.

Redsonga

Reaction score
hmm....TBH it seems to me that it's aimed at young children, when I read it.
But that doesn't mean you can't let your inner child watch it :wink:.
That sounds like a fun plot ... though if the Muppets showed up at my house at all, I'd be living on cloud 9 for all eternity....
I'd be frightened..my stuffed animals would come to life :confused:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
But that doesn't mean you can't let your inner child watch it :wink:.
Of course it does not mean that. However I can't help to think it could end up in the lines like "Kermit's Swamp Years" based on the description from BBC. But of course I can only hope that my fears are not true.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'd be frightened..my stuffed animals would come to life.
It's like Chucky to you, then, isn't it? The whole toys-come-to-life concept but done in a twisted manner.

But that doesn't mean you can't let your inner child watch it.
Certainly not.

Status
Not open for further replies.