Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Really liked the street story today! I am disappointed about them using the same number of the day segment again, but at least it was a different number and letter being used this time...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My cerebral cortexes about yeasterday's episode.

The Goods:
-The main plot was kind of meh to me. It was still good to see Guy Smiley return, dispite not even being mentioned by name in the episode.
-The "I Try" was kind of cute
-Theonly thing I liked about the reused letter of the day bit was that it gave us some Cookie and Prairie, both of which we havent seen much of this season.
-Nice to see the Z Zone cartoon
-Loved seeing the WG skit! I wonder if this means there's a chance that The Elephant Elevator Operator will be shown again. And di yo notice - the segment cut from another! All season we've been seeing nothing but scene transitions and not segments cutting to each other like before.
-The 18 song was nice to see again
-I actually kind of like Cookie's food song
-WHen was the last time EW: Teeth has been seen? It's nice to see something different other than the same ones we've been seeing every season

The Bads:
-The other 18 film was weird
-Whoever the celebrity was, she's wasn't very good

Drtooth

Reaction score
-The main plot was kind of meh to me. It was still good to see Guy Smiley return, dispite not even being mentioned by name in the episode.
I distinctly remember him saying "Until next time, this is Guy Smiley..." or something to that extent.

But it's great to see him back on the actual show, and not just on promos or museum exhibits.

Anyone else really glad Mr. Game wasn't in the last couple seasons?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My thoughts on yesterday's new episode.

The Goods:
-I didn't care for the story. Typical story episode
-I liked seeing that cavemen cartoon
-I like the "I'm The Letter T" animation. Through, it went on a little long IMO. And Drtooth, I'm pretty sure JHC didn't make that. The animation resembled VeggieTales, which Magnetic Dreams is now working on.
-Another great E&B adventure
-Seeing Marshall Grover in the GG skit, then afterwrads in EW

The Bads:
-I'm not too fond of the Sugarland bit

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Today's review.

Episode 4184: The Cookie Touch.
Airdate: November 3, 2008.
Season: Season 39.
Sponsors: R, 7.
Word on the Street: Scrumptious.
Street Story.
Something weird, I think my station opened with a voiceover about the opening sequence, maybe they're prepping episodes for future release with descripts for blind viewers? *Shrugs.
Ima gonna kill whoever snuck in that Annie musical sting into the story.
FCP: "I think I hear a cookie crumbling in Cleveland." Yes, that'll be my Ravens' Terrell "Marvin" Suggs picking off Derreck Anderson's last throw for the winning touchdown. *Evil laugh.
Okay, so this was the standard fairy person/wish granting and reversal episode. But as a mythology buff, I did like how they interpreted the classic story of King Midas with his golden touch through Cookie Monster's insatiable hunger. They even turned Chris into a cookie. Also good to have a Cookie-centric episode one day after his birthday.
Film: Kids demonstrate their recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies, my fave.
Would've liked to see the old one where the girl and her grandmother make oatmeal raisin cookies for the people at the retirement home.
Celebrity Moment: Jessica Alba explains "scrumptious", ends up being kissed by the cake.
Animation: Do the Fruit Dance... Gaaahrgh!
Letter of the Day: Big Bird reads about the letter R in the Letter of the Day Book.
Animation/Song: Big R/Little r.
Animation: R/r formed by autumn leaves.
Murray Has a Little Lamb: Going to Irish Stepdancing School.
Animation: Dance to the Rhythm, Dance to the Beat. Pffeh.
Number of the Day: Big Bird reads about the number 7 from the Number of the Day Book.
Animation/Song: 7 Rap.
Segment: Kids hand-clapping and foot-stomping until there are 7 altogether.
Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: Gina the Genie grants their wishes.
Ernie continues the main story with his order of magic Rubber Duckie fingers.
Film: Kids explain their recipe for making a sushi vegetable roll after their trip to a local restaurant.
Elmo's World: Mouths.
Ending: Telly comes to Big Bird's aid with a book imprinted with the day's sponsors.

Drtooth

Reaction score
FAIRIES! FAIRY GOD PARENTS! Seriously, Crocker Needs to move to Sesame Street for that kind of vindication. I mean, Fairy Cookie Person... Fairy Dog person... Fairy Hair person... Fairy Shoe Person... I bet they never run out of toilet paper over there, though I shudder to think of that scene!

Sandra Oh really watched her Disney movies and the Wizard of Oz in preparation for this role. She oozed the standard woman fairy godparent type.

Cookie was pretty out of control in this episode... but then again, this is one of his calmer moments (remember... he chewed on all of Sesame Street at one point- the "Let me Have Cake" special). Megotcookietouch! Megotcookietouch! Megotcookietouch! Megotcookietouch! Megotcookietouch! (I wanna watch it again and count the times he said that).

And Jessica Alba is pretty dang scrumptius herself!

Really liked the Rubber Duckie touch too. Though, I don't say why Bert didn't just wish him to NOT have made the wish, so he could keep the palace. Seems like a total cheat anyway. But then again, is this like a "Little Nemo in Slumberland" thing where they're really alseep and it was all just a dream? I don't think they made that too clear.

And yes, we get a random sushi recipe... where the heck is the random Takoyaki recipe... that's the bigger question.

Also of note, second time watching the Mouths episode of Elmo's world... That first girl MUST have watched Snoopy Come Home. Her whistle is identical to Snoopy and Woodstock's when they were setting up camp.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have to say that I liked this episode! Very funny! I couldn't hear most of it because my mom was completely talking over it the entire time, But she was completely silent during the veggie dance and even asked me to turn the volume up, lol!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Enjoyed most of the Cookie Touch today. It was an ok stroyline. I was hoping for more of Cookie to turn other then just stuff into cookies he would turn others into cookies (other just Chris) which was pretty funny. Well got all the way to the part of Jessica Alba and my TV froze. It's like my TV just couldn't take the good looking babe on the screen and froze. Being that it was a recorded episode it still wouldn't go past her. So now i have to wait till this repeats itself again. But oh well. What else can go wrong?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nooooooo! Don't say that! Kyle, you mad impetuous young fool! Now that you said it, get ready for every single thing around you to go wrong. And I thought you'd seen enough TV not to make that mistake.

*Scurries away before getting caught in the slipstream of Kyle's bad luck. :scary: J/K.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Uh oh! *a truck full of old tvs are dumped all over me*