Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Loved today's episode. Especially all the references to the shower cap-er, Gordon's bald head, lol! By the way, I'm not sure what you meant, Count, but the Grover the wig sells man sketch was not new.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I might as well add this... no one said anything about Murray's brief cameo at the beginning, inside Hooper's. I wonder if they're ever really going to integrate him with the rest of the SS gang. Other than the first episode of the season, where he had a brief scene in the laundry, he's basically just the host of his own segments.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Bob hasn't appeared in season 39-hope he'll be seen in 4186.
Before I respond to this, I just want to say that if anyone has a problem with these posts, please don't read them. But the rest of us should be allowed to talk about this. Not to be mean or anything. I say this because whenever we talk about the phasing out of a cast member someone complains. I won't mention any names here. I'm not trying to argue or anything, I just feel like we have a right to talk about this now rather than waiting until it happens because we don't know when that will be.

Anyway, Bob is still on the cast list, so maybe he's going by the way of Susan only appearing in one ep per season these days. I guess he probably will make at least one appearance this season. Since he's been there for as long as the show has been on he might be busy working on other projects.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
No one's saying you or others don't have the right to talk about such stuff but what's the point of saying anything about phasing anyone out.

Why would the SW bother to even do that?

And if Bob or anyone else choose to leave than they'll do so.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Enjoyed "Abby's 1st Sleepover", "Three Cheers for Us", "Elmo Steps in for Super Grover" and "Sesame Street Bird Games."

They all were pretty cool. Really enjoyed Sesame Street Bird Games and for the older "Dance Like a Penguin" song being that was one my favorite songs from back in the 90's.

Grover was funny having that Elephant as a sidekick but pretty much at the end with Elmo once again losing his airplane in the tree again. Funny stuff.

Now off to watch the newest episode "Elmo Wants to be Like Gordon."

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing the matter up-I guess the description for the segment wasn't the right one.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Milo Counting for 4180 is listed on the Muppet Wiki as being "Milo Counting: 8"-that's the wrong number.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My brain images of yesterday's new episode.

The Goods:
-Cute story. I liked everyone ending up with shower caps and mustaches
-We've been The Count on the street a lot this season
The yoga class film was cute. It's nice to see some new non-Muppet segments that aren't terrible *cough cough*Jane Tuesday*cough cough*
-Elmo's duck song was cute too. Although, anyone could've sung it just as well
-LOVED seeing Grover the wig salesman again! It was one of my favorites as a kid. I love the guinea pig's cry when Mr. Johnson falls over with him on top of his head.
-Nice to see some more of Mo Williams non-Suzie Kabloozie cartoons.
-The new Elmo's World was good. Especially the part with E&b and the talking Groucho glasses. I quess they wanted to do a full Groucho parody after a Muppet version appeared in the Noses one.

The Bads:
-Uh, we already saw "Dressed Up" this season.
-The Ernie puppet in EW just looked awful. He's eyes were too small.