Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Ignorance

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is not sure it's a good idea?
The whole 'Hannah Montanna' parts of Disney mainly appeal to children about 8-10, most of which who think muppets are for babies [they're wrong, obviously. ;p] and I'm afraid they'll see the muppets as something for younger kids than their shows.
Well, here's to hoping it turns out well.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
The whole 'Hannah Montanna' parts of Disney mainly appeal to children about 8-10, most of which who think muppets are for babies [they're wrong, obviously. ;p] and I'm afraid they'll see the muppets as something for younger kids than their shows.
I think that the logic is that when these idol worshiping kids see their favorite celebrities with the Muppets, they figure "Oh, so-in-so likes them, so they must not be so bad." I don't know though. I know kids can be flaky, but I don't think kids are stupid... most of the time.

Needless to say, they are being shown to a new audience who otherwise may not have known about the Muppets. Once they see that the Muppets are witty and aren't talking down to them, I think kids open up to them.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I would agree with you if, and this is a very, very big if, there weren't Muppet projects being made that were targetted to adults and families--not just kids and preteens. We've got the Muppets.com videos and the YouTube videos, both of which are highly appealing to kids and adults alike, and we have a new Christmas special that is aimed specifically at families and adults. It's a great time to be a Muppet fan--no matter what your age.

rexcrk

Reaction score
It's airing tonight, I can't wait! (and lucky me, I'm getting out of work at 6 instead of 8!)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
So, should there be a new thread titled "Studio DC: Almost Live: 2, that way peopel can vote for the special too?

Or maybe we can just give a star rating like 3 out of four stars if it was good, etc.

Okay, I'll do that instead.............

:confused::eek:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It's airing tonight, I can't wait! (and lucky me, I'm getting out of work at 6 instead of 8!)
I am SO thrilled... I've planned my entire day around this thing. I promised one of my friends I'd go to their choir concert at three and then I also promised I'd go to a movie--which I'm doing at 4:50, so if everything is timed right I'll be home by 6:45--fifteen minutes before Studio DC! :excited:

ryhoyardbie said:
So, should there be a new thread titled "Studio DC: Almost Live: 2, that way peopel can vote for the special too?
I'm sure Phil will start a new thread for the new show... at least I hope so. :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm glad I looked at this, I totally forgot it it is tonight

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's a good thing it's airing again tomorrow, since I have things to do tonight.

Blumonkeyboy

Reaction score
Retraction

Id like to make a retraction as to my previous statement, dealing with voices.
On Muppet News flash, i read a comment by someone named Matt V. (Vogel i presume) which stated David rudman was Janice, and Floyd was indeed looped by Mr.Nelson for the original Studio DC. :embarrassed:
Sorry