Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*Shakes head*

Disney and their empty promises.
Why would you say that this time? It appears that these issues are ready to go. We have no evidence to the contrary and they're currently pushing it in the most public forum for comics.

The one thing that bugs me is the classic literature angle they want to work into things later. I guess they like formulaic stories to sell the Muppets. I hope they learn there's more value in getting away from that. The Muppets have always done parody, but they need to just be Muppets for a while. A long while.

Luke

Reaction score
The one thing that bugs me is the classic literature angle they want to work into things later. I guess they like formulaic stories to sell the Muppets. I hope they learn there's more value in getting away from that. The Muppets have always done parody, but they need to just be Muppets for a while. A long while.
It's confusing isn't it, because they have the new Muppet movie guy going around saying they'll be no more Muppets in Wonderland, Muppets on Elm Street etc and then a comment like that gets dropped. I guess the Mouse can see that theres no way a classic story could bring the Muppets back properly (as kids dont know the characters) but once they've done that it's something they will do again. You can see why they think that as MCC/MTI were pretty well done and popular. I guess its ok, as long as they mix it up with things where the Mups are themselves and don'y try to put a modern spin on it.

Also, i cant think of that many classic stories where the Muppets could fit in, they already murdered Wizard Of Oz.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Puke. :boo::grouchy::scary: Otherwise, good news.

I don't see how they can't. I mean, if they do them as short comic stories, they'll be a lot closer to Muppet show skits... maybe even Muppet Classics theaters... than they will be to the Muppet Lit Movies.

Though they did Muppet Robin Hood as a comic book before... one of the Muppet babies books, I believe. I have it.
Plus, as far as movie parodies go? What about those great comics from Muppet magazine? I still remember Chore Games.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
They also did Robin hood in the muppet show so they could just base the comic off that.

beaker

Reaction score

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pretty lame cover(no actual art), but I no doubt can't wait to get my paws on this preview issue. Cool how comic con also will have a Fraggle special with Prell and Goelz.
I agree. Maybe they want the style to be a secret? It's not a good strategy either way. I hope the style favors Frith's artwork more than the modern manga stuff we've been seeing in Henson properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.