Game Suggestions Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you have something in mind to give the game structure, then by all means post it and we can comment further then.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok here is kind of the bases of this see what you all think.

Muppet Central Presidential Election 08'

With the upcoming presidential Election, we here at Muppet Central have wondered what it would be like if some of our favorite Muppet/Henson characters ran for president. Here we will have the chance to find out by having our own little election, and here are the rules.

1. Your campaign can contain 3 major roles: Presidential canditate Vice President and a campaign manager.

2. Voting will be at Muppet Central, and every two weeks the polls will be closed, and the candidate with the fewer votes will be out of the race. However when the members out of the race can join another members campaign. (If they want)

3. There should be no personal Mud slinging on other forum Members. This is only a game and we are all here to just have some fun. However the Muppets we play can do all the mud slinging there little hearts desire.

4. Your campaign can try any means necessary to get votes on the Muppet central community. (Private Message’s e mails and so on) please don’t spam try to win votes on a personal level with your voters.

5. Your campaign should come up with a battle plan that will show how your canditate will improve there Muppet Central community.

6. At the end of the election the winner will be President of Muppet Central for one year! When president you will be able to pick a cabinet and will have to deal with Congress and Senate, which will be some of the Muppets you have ran against for president, so run a clean race and your relationship with Congress and the Senate will be smooth.

6. The last rule is have FUN!
Now dose this make me a game mod if I'm the one who starts this? I know that the Mods may be busy to contol all of this so I would be more than happy to.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... To answer your last question, no. The only people who can be Game Moderators are MC's moderator staff and administrators, as they're the only ones who have the authority to and should be the ones posting new threads in the Games section of the forums, thus starting the games. However, once gameplay starts, then you or the person who conceived the game in the first place will be the one in charge of making sure that play progresses as intended. But since this is a game that'd entail polls, it'd need mod help for that as well.

One thing though. If the candidates can campaign privately or publically, how would this prevent spamming for votes? I do know that if this goes forward, much like the MC Awards, any threads that are blatently and annoyingly "Vote For Me!" based will be immediately nixed. Also, would we work off of the one person one vote system? Or the one person multiple votes option instead?

If people are truly interested in this 2008 Presidential Muppet Elections game, then please contact a moderator, either Fozzie Bear or MuppetQuilter or myself, the game's title as the subject heading. If there are enough people, then maybe this stands a chance of being approved.

Hope this helps. :attitude:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i dont rembere how it went last time so to answer you questions i dont know.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Here's an idea I've been sort of hatching for a new Muppet RPG.

Remember back when BethC was on the forums and we spent that one Christmas playing Muppet characters at Miss Piggy's house? Well, I thought maybe something similar could be done again this year.

1 Instead of Piggy's house or my namesake's castle, the game can take place in the fictional town of Hensonville, which we've created in our various fictional stories. Gathering spots would mainly include the MC Dorms and the Muppet Theater or Muppet Boarding House.
2 If you're already part of the MC Dorms, you can play as both yourself and/or any one or potential combination of your roomies.
Example: Prawny could play as himself, Ryan... Or as Gonzo, Clifford, or Sam the Eagle... Or as himself and just Gonzo... Or as himself and all his roomies.
3 If you're already part of the dorms and choose not to play as one of your roomies, please don't be upset or call foul if someone asks for and gets to play as any one of your unchosen roomies.
Example: If Lisa chooses to play just as herself and/or The Swedish Chef, then anyone else, like Beth could choose to play and get to play as Rowlf.
4 The game would be open to all MC, not just those already involved with the MC Dorms. However, if there is a problem with one of the players, it should be dealt with before gameplay begins.
5 People interested in playing should contact the person who will act as the game host to let him/her know if they are seriously interested in playing, and which Muppet character besides themselves they would like to play as. Like most other Muppet RPG's, the rule of no taking a character already chosen by someone else will apply.
6 The game could start the week after Thanksgiving and go only as so long up until New Year's Day, January 1, 2009. At that time the game will end, though I think maybe it could stay open for at least one week more after that for the Three Kings holiday.
7 Tasks included in the game would be, but not limited to:
a. The lighting of the Hensonville Town Christmas Tree, similar to the lighting in Rockefeller Center in New York City.
b. Carolling through town, which would earn players either 1 gingerbread cookie, 1 holiday ornament for the tree or menorah back home, or $1 to be stored towards buying presents. Additionally, players would need to say which town local they're carolling at and where it's located. This is based on how (fluff friends) does their contests.
Example: If Robin the Frog says he's going to go carolling at the Rock & Roll Deli, and he is the first to get there, he gets the reward. If Gobo Fraggle gets there first before Robin, he gets the reward instead and Robin gets nothing. Finally, each carolling spot can be revisited once every six hours to try their luck during the carolling phase.
c. Christmas Week:
1 Shopping for presents.
2 Christmas feast.
3 Christmas ball/dance/party.
4 Christmas Day morning, giving presents to each other.
d. New Year's Ball/Party.

Rully think this has a shot, but of course it depends on whether it gets greenlit and if there are enough people wanting and who actually do play the whole way through.
Thanks for listening. :batty:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I feel that is well thought-out, has a reason behind the players' actions, and a point to the game! Go for it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure if the part about the carolling can be done effectively though. Mainly, that's just an excuse to finally create a working map of our town of Hensonville... Might get scaled back a bit when the game gets opened after T-Day, unless you think it's doable?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YOu never know until you 'hop' into it and do it. That leap of faith. Git on it!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Lovely motivational speech, Kev!
:big_grin:

Sounds fun Ed; not sure if I'd be able to participate though because of my T-Day week schedule.
:frown: The only thing I might suggest, is while I think the idea of caroling is great, map or no map, it the point system might not work so well. Besides the fact that it might get a bit confusing, heck, it's Christmas, or if you prefer, holiday caroling! The stress of getting there first for the players, and assigning points for the gamehoast, might take away the casual fun of it.
Also, I think the bording house is a great idea for a setting! Not so sure about the dorms; since we already have a thread for that, am thinking we could just have a separate party there if we like.
Sorry for the long post. I don't want to sound like I'm ordering you around or anything, lol! Just putting my two cents in. Make of it what you will.