Did Jareth change Toby's diaper?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Or so that is what Sarah thinks. But maybe it was not just a story but a real place effected by emotions and thoughts, and would have ended differently if she didn't feel she had to do everything 'by the book'.

*stands by her feels about the movie like the stubborn old Taurus she is"
::raises eyebrow:: Riiiiiight. Hehe just kidding. You're entitled to your version of course, hehe. I just feel bad because I've always seen the movie as an advocate for fantasy fans, and not one that tells them to just "grow up." :wink:

And I still want a boyfriend where the words "do as I say" and "you slave" NEVER enter the equation (whether it's Jareth or Brittany Spears! lol) As you've said before, a relationship should be equal and codependent. :smile:

Hey wow, I'm a Taurus too! Freaky....

Redsonga

Reaction score
I would say that the book came from the Labyrinth, not visa versa...but that's just me.

But then again...How come she had all those statues and toys of the characters at the beginning?

I think most of Laby was ripped from Peter Pan anyway...*ducks and runs for cover*
I think it is because the Labyrinth is real place that can reshape its creatures based on things already in a visitors mind (but always has the maze)...Sort of like a Neverland where all the children got their own island actually :smile:. I love Peter Pan so I don't really mind if the two are alike :smile:
And I still want a boyfriend where the words "do as I say" and "you slave" NEVER enter the equation (whether it's Jareth or Brittany Spears! lol) As you've said before, a relationship should be equal and codependent.
I don't mind the words, it's how they are said to me...and to me, Jareth didn't really mean just what he said. I think he meant to say something more but Sarah was too stuck on doing the lines 'by the book' he was powerless because he did everything she wanted deep down IMHO...
::raises eyebrow:: Riiiiiight. Hehe just kidding. You're entitled to your version of course, hehe. I just feel bad because I've always seen the movie as an advocate for fantasy fans, and not one that tells them to just "grow up.
It said 'grow up' to me, and it said it in such a way that cut deeply for me..so much so that I hardly ever can watch the ending anymore :frown:.
Hey wow, I'm a Taurus too! Freaky...
That's why we fight so much *lol* May 4th :3

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think it is because the Labyrinth is real place that can reshape its creatures based on things already in a visitors mind
Either that or Sarah lives near a really rockin Labyrith gift shop! :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
If your visit to the labyrinth is based on what's in your room at the time you visit it, my maze would be swarming with Care Bears and Cabbage Patch Kids..and Jareth would be an anime character or Johnny Depp :confused:

RL4422

Reaction score
Any guy in spandex has a LITTLE power over people :smile: Haha! I remember being shocked at that when I was a little older. I can't imagine that Toby's diapers got changed - I can't imagine they fed him either... hopefully not LSD stricken peaches anyway! It was a peach right? I can't remember now.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really think they fed him, the Labyrinth seemed to have plenty of food and Jareth seemed to be okay at looking after him at least like a small puppy :smile:...In fact, Toby was shown eating something...

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
"Did Jareth change Toby's diaper? "

the real answer...
"Who cares?"

hahahahahaha:big_grin:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well it is implied he's adopting Toby, since he names him after himself and says"He has my eyes" in the way that a father would. Jareth is arrogant. He probably wouldn't LET a goblin touch Toby (having the goblin carry him to hide him doesn't count)The one thing I know is Toby was not bait. The reason? He's clearly very angry when Sarah gets to the castle to take Toby from him. In Jareth's eyes he was the best for Toby. He may have loved Sarah, but why would he care about the bait for Sarah? The fisherman doesn't tell his friend to rescue the worm on the hook. He grins realiziing this fish is near. It makes me wonder was Jareth his original name or did the prievous ruler steal and adopt him as his or her son?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, Toby IS bait. He is stolen strictly to get under Sarah's skin. Jareth assumes the spoiled little brat won't succeed in getting the kid back and breaking the spell or whatever that has them both in the Goblin Kingdom in the first place. However, she starts inching towards maturity and well, that's that. Throughout the movie he's annoyed about her progress. However, we start to see a change about the time of the ballroom dream. Her will has stopped being completely annoying and has started to attract him. If Sarah rescues Toby, the spell breaks and he will lose his chance to win her over. Since she treats him like a creepy stalker (even though she fawns over him something terrible in her little play dramas in the neighborhood), yeah, that's not likely to happen. She wins. Game over. More solitude for Jareth. Though, at the end, Jareth is implied to rethink Toby's pawnhood.

Now, I know there are haters for RTL, but Mayor Spittledrum lets slip Jareth is not the first ruler of the Labyrinth (though this is contradicted by Mizumi's flashbacks). Somebody's making crap up. I guess we'll need that new prequel comic to get the real deal on Jareth's past.