Did Jareth change Toby's diaper?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I guess so...
I think Labyrinth just pushed a lot of those very old grade school buttons to me, almost like it was talking to me directly. And that Sarah, who they were trying to say somehow was me on some level just did everything I won't do on every level. Much yelling at the tv set the first time I saw it :mad:...
See, I saw it and was very assured that I COULD still love the objects of my childhood memories. That's why I always loved it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
See, I saw it and was very assured that I COULD still love the objects of my childhood memories. That's why I always loved it.
With me in felt like the movie was saying I couldn't, when to me the issue of even leaving them behind at all was just unheard of. It still is :smile:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Whenever I was sad at having to do grown up things, the movie assured me that I didn't have to give the things I loved up forever. So it's interesting how the same movie can produce such different reactions.

My Little Ponies, awesome!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have about 600 now :smile:
But you know, maybe that is the reason Jareth comes across differently to both of us to :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I guess it does make sense, everyone comes to a movie with their own personality and emotional baggage so to speak, lol. And so obviously people will interpret a movie with how it relates to them and their situation. That's why message boards are great, you get to exchange different points of view where you probably couldn't before. :smile:

I used to have a ton of My Little Ponies, but most of them were victims of my puppy's teething years, lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
;.; If you find any of they need a new home or some help, I can help :smile:!

*sigh* Well at least this forum is much more polite than most Laby mailing lists I use to be a part of :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aw thanks, will do if it comes up!

Seriously, some forums are so rude it's crazy!

Oh I just realized I never answered the thread's question! Um...you know I can more easily see the goblins changing the diapers (or at least attempting to!). Or perhaps in the Labryinth world, like most movie worlds hehe, there was no need to change diapers. Which is probably why Toby was so hesitant to leave! :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Directed to Redsonga as per our previous discussion, hehe, I was just thinking something. The Labryinth fantasy story comes from the book Sarah was reading at the beginning of the movie. That's where it all originates from. And the line "You have no power over me" is in the story, it's not something Sarah added later on in order to break the fantasy. It's part of the fantasy, it's the way the book is supposed to end. It allows her to stand up for herself in the end (but also always keep a part of her childhood close :smile: ).

So in that way, that line doesn't contradict or ruin the story at all, it's how the story was meant to be ended.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Or so that is what Sarah thinks :wink:. But maybe it was not just a story but a real place effected by emotions and thoughts, and would have ended differently if she didn't feel she had to do everything 'by the book' :wink:.

*stands by her feels about the movie like the stubborn old Taurus she is:big_grin:"

Beauregard

Reaction score
I would say that the book came from the Labyrinth, not visa versa...but that's just me.

But then again...How come she had all those statues and toys of the characters at the beginning?

I think most of Laby was ripped from Peter Pan anyway...*ducks and runs for cover*