What movie are you planning on, going to see?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I really did like Monsters, but I really feel that Kung Fu Panda was their best. They treated that almost like a serious martial arts film with a more light hearted plot. I also really liked Over the Hedge, which truely is an underrated film. I really like how anti-consumer that one was.... and yet, they had the characters in a Wal Mart commercial.

But Monsters is in my top 3
Yeah Monsters vs Aliens is a good movie. I actually have yet to see Kung Fu Panda, but I really need to and I'll be sure to check out "Over the Hedge" too.

Right now the only movie that comes to mind as far as really wanting to see it Disney Pixar's Up, which I know I've mention a few times, but it's just looks great.

Pork

Reaction score
Just saw the trailer for "UP", It looks really good, I'd love to see it some time soon.

Reaction score
Nothing out there worth paying $8.00 to see but if Horrorfest comes around and has something worth seeing I might go to that.

Nick22

Reaction score
imagine that looks good. i just saw a preview for it today

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I saw Ponyo last night, here's my review:
At the end of the day, Hayo Miyazaki's latest film Ponyo really is a children's film. It is not as complex in character development as Spirited Away and lacks the quirky tone and humor of Howl's Moving Castle. Comparing it to this year's animated films, it doesn't have the emotional depth of Up or the eye candy of Coraline but it's well ahead of Monsters vs. Aliens in quality. With these comparisons, you'd think that I hated Ponyo. That is far from the truth. It is an excellent film, but it's a tad on the simple side.

Chuck Jones once said that with great animation, you can turn to sound off and still know exactly what's going on. Ponyo is an incredibly good example of this. In that regard, it's an excellent visual movie. The scenes focusing on the human characters (Ponyo in human form, Sosuke, Lisa, the elders) are pretty much standard anime style humans, perhaps that is intentional on Miyazaki's part but it imparts the tone of the movie perfectly with this normality of life contrasting with the fantastical wonder of the fish characters. Poyno in her goldfish form really is one of the cutest characters in an animated film I've seen in a long time, in every picture I see of her she always puts a smile on my face and I also loved the design of Fujimoto, Ponyo's father. The animals and other fish managed to combine cartoon-like qualities with a degree of realism, Studio Ghibli has always been great with that.

In regards to the English dub cast, Ponyo has gone all out with bringing in talent from all levels of the entertainment industry. Noah Cyrus and Frankie Jonas, the younger siblings of Disney recording artists Miley Cyrus and the Jonas brothers, voice Ponyo and Sosuke respectively. It is clear that these two are only in the movie for the sake of bringing in the Disney Channel crowd but it really is good casting. Jonas brings in the perfect tone that a little boy his age should have to the character, Cyrus' lines are for the most part yelling of words Ponyo picks up being around Sosuke and Lisa. Ponyo could have easily been voiced by any little kid but Cyrus does bring a degree of innocence into the character that makes her adorable. Other cast members include Tina Fey of TV's 30 Rock as Sosuke's mom Lisa who, while very entertaining, seems to be channeling Liz Lemon a bit too closely most of the time. But Liam Neeson steals the show as Fujimoto. He strikes as a great comedic actor who is very subtle but brings out the humor in the character. I sat there having a hard time believing this was the man who 16 years earlier was playing Oskar Schindler in what is probably one of the most heartbreaking movies out there.

I can't stress enough that this movie is as simple as simple can get. It's a Miyazaki movie for the Sesame Street set, but the rest of us will be extremely entertained by the free-spirited tone the movie has. It's a small movie, yes, but it's a fun ride. I give Ponyo a good 3 out of 4 stars.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I'm planning on seeing The Wolfman, Dorian Gray, and Shutter Island when they come out.

Count von Count

Reaction score
These are the movies I want to go see- that are out now:
Taking Woodstock, Gi Joe, and the new Quentin Tarantino movie.
~~
Movies I want to see that's not out:
A Christamas Carol(Nov.6,09),
Where the wild Things Are(Oct.16,09)
ZombieLand(Oct.2,09)
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus(the last Heath Ledger) (Sep.25,09)
Sherlock Holmes(Dec. 25,09)
///////
That is the list of movies I plan on seeing. :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
i rully wanna see taking woodstock, but it's rated R. there isnt rully too much that i can see. most movies now are rated are. i havent seen a new PG rated movie in a while. and there are a couple PG-13 movies, but none interest me too much.