Breaking news! New Electric Company Series from PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
wow! i can't believe you replied so harshly to an innocent post!

He's been know to do that... :busy:

Anyway, I hope this passes through. After all, PBS nowadays has to rely heavily on corporate sponsership. And I don't see why they wouldn't want to crudely hammer a commercial that vaguely seems to support the project. After all, all these sponsers use their sponsership as A) a tax writeoff and B) free publicity to boot (re-read part A for why it's free)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! That's my birthday too! This is really cool! My birthday and then the new showing of "Electric Company." *dances around*
I don't mean to get you're hopes down or anything, But I was talking about when convincing American express to fund the show and not the date the show actually starts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't mean to get you're hopes down or anything, But I was talking about when convincing American express to fund the show and not the date the show actually starts.

Exactly. it's not even going to air until January at the Earliest.

Hilleyb

Reaction score
Hi all,
I got the same e-mail from Sesame Workshop. It's not the first time they've asked people to sponsor an initiative through American Express's program. I'm sure that any increase in funding is welcome and could increase production values somewhat. Also, we all know that funding isn't easy to secure these days and they likely have barely enough.

I just remembered that they were considering an increase from 26 to 39 episodes. This might make the difference.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
hey everyone! help the electric company get funding from american express! check this out:

Dear Sesame Friend,
Did you know that more than half of the children in the United States can't read at grade level?
To address this national crisis, Sesame Workshop is relaunching The Electric Company -- a multimedia literacy initiative that will reach 4 million children each week -- and it is quick, easy and FREE for you to help.
American Express is offering $1.5 million to support a project based on feedback from the online community.
There are two ways you can help let American Express know that our project Bridging the Literacy Gap for Millions of Kids is important.
  1. Nominate our project (you don't have to be a cardmember):
  2. Help spread the word by forwarding this email to your friends and family
Your nomination will allow us use the power of media to make learning to read fun and exciting for the children who are most in need.
Thank you,
Your friends at Sesame Workshop
I've just checked out TEC site and it's odd they have the bios of the adult cast but nonthing on the kids.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I saw that clip the other day. It's just no the same, but It's not that bad either.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That looks interesting. This new show actually has, well, a plot to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.