*Sigh* It's That Time of the Decade Again...

Drtooth

Reaction score
But wouldn't you much rather say that with multiple exclamation points to stress the point and emphasis of your brain spasm?
Mild Brian Spaz, that is. If I use too many !'s, I feel it brings the point across this way...

AAA! IT HURTS ME BRAIN! YEEEAAAAEHHH!

SHEEEYYEEEEIIIIII! (I don't expect anyone to get that reference at all. it's so obscure even I can't explain it well)

But on topic:

I won't get into the policitcs of it all, but this keeps coming back because the funding lasts so long and Congress has to vote again for funding....which is a good thing to make sure programs are still worthwhile. So, take a deep breath, it always gets funded. Politicans don't want little kids and mommies mad at them because Elmo is gone.
I can see that, and it does make sense. But now more than ever, when we screwed up the budget (For or against it, it doesn't matter... but if your fighting a war tax cuts aren't such a good idea, as war comes out of education and job training and creation). So, if the funding goes anywhere, it will just shrink a little bit, and we'll have to sit through an extra commercial per sitting of these PBS shows.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I will say this, and then shut up before Gordon gets all over me:

It is proven economic fact that cutting taxes increases revenue for the country. It happened for the bush tax cuts as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is proven economic fact that cutting taxes increases revenue for the country. It happened for the bush tax cuts as well.
In the short term. In the long term, deficite spending weakened the dollar, and since the price of everything is rising the whole thing is going to collapse on itself. Tax cuts are great during peace time, but certainly not during a war. Deficite spending funded that war, you know.

Tax cuts only work if the budget is balanced, and spending doesn't go haywire like it did now.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That being said, if it were ever to get down to the wire, we need a new Mister Rogers!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q

That clip makes me cry everytime I watch it! Thanks Fred.
Indeed. But sadly, like Walt Disney, Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl, Charles Shultz, and several other icons of the entertainment world, Fred Rogers has left us. :frown: Lord knows we need more of these type of people, but with the world becoming more dezanitied and the people in the world becoming more cynical as years go by, I don't see such people being created anymore. :cry:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"A man died. He seemed a good man. But I did not know him. Don Quixote is not dead."

A person can die, but the meaning of his/her work lives on, that's the whole point. And so what if we have to fight a little harder to put the old decent entertainment back in the public eye? It's the struggle that matters most. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
"A man died. He seemed a good man. But I did not know him. Don Quixote is not dead."

A person can die, but the meaning of his/her work lives on, that's the whole point. And so what if we have to fight a little harder to put the old decent entertainment back in the public eye? It's the struggle that matters most. :smile:
*applause* VERY nice, heralde! Thanks for posting that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score

Indeed. We must fight! We must do our best to bring back entertainment to its glory years.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But to have prebuzz in a college aged (we know what they do, and why their clothes smell like a rock concert :insatiable: ) fan base was just a fluke. Didn't help the series at all.
Do not forget the English pub's who would open early and play in in the wee hours in the morning.:smirk:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Do not forget the English pub's who would open early and play in in the wee hours in the morning.:smirk:
That too. :big_grin: But those things were around for a long time before the whole PC idea caught wind.