Elmo, Ready for Action! and his Overdominance

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well what I think I liked most was the different ways of including his name, especially "Elmo of Sesame Street." Lol
Lemme just say, when I was writing the bit aout Big Elmo's Elm-tacular Totally Elmo-ture show (elmo), I almost ha a heart attact laughing. Be thankful you weren't present to the great "Mini-gobo" Fiasco of Two Thousand Ought Two

I actually received a tip that the next show is gonna be about global awareness, the environment, helping our planet, etc...

What do you think they'll call it...? "Elmo saves Earth" LOLOLOL!
"save the elmo, save the world"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
well yeah. i know it will be more about what the audience can do. i was just joking. but seriously, i bet it'll be something like "elmo's clean up club" or something like that.
Oh yeah I know, I just meant I wouldn't be surprised if they really did that. :wink:

Lemme just say, when I was writing the bit aout Big Elmo's Elm-tacular Totally Elmo-ture show (elmo), I almost ha a heart attact laughing.
Elmo-tacular, lol, there's something hilarious about that word, lol.

dabauckham

Reaction score
True, we are not kids, that's something to keep in mind, lol. But I am honestly also thinking of today's kids, not just myself. :smile:

Yes...I interact with kids on a daily basis (sometimes it seems more like a neverending basis :insatiable: )

Anyway, we really shouldn't underestimate kids. And I still have vivid memories of being a kid myself. The thing is some kids like Elmo it's true. But think how many MORE kids would get into Sesame Street if it could somehow make itself a little hipper, a little less Elmo-centric. That's all I'm saying. (and many others have said it to).

When I have kids, I intend to show them both the new and the old Sesame Street. I'll try not to bias them towards the classic SS too much, but you know...:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Elmo-tacular, lol, there's something hilarious about that word, lol.

If you wanna get technical, I put "Elm-Tacular" not Elmo-tacular. it's a matter of keeping the sylables sounding the same as the original word. Plus the fact it could also sounds like an elm tree gives it a nice pop.

Anyway:

Anyway, we really shouldn't underestimate kids. And I still have vivid memories of being a kid myself.
Unfortunately, that's how quite a few entertainment companies think. I like hearing that not ever kid likes Elmo. I mean, sure, I liked virtually everyone on Sesame, be they human or Muppet. But back in those days there was quite a bit to choose from.

One could argue the fact that Elmo actually revitilized Sesame Street, after struggling to find their place after multiple talents passed on or left the show. Around the corner is an example of this. I can easily compare it with Muppets Tonight- The older characters were still there, but newer characters were added to fill gaps. Much like Scooter and Rowlf were retired (or just not officially recast) and Frank Oz's absense and , characters like Pepe, Johnny, Sal, Andy and Randy pig filled those spots, Characters like Humphry and Ingrid, Sherri netherland, Elmo and Zoe were used to fill in various other characters. By the time Elmo got famous, they found a way to return Sesame Street to the more classic sense of the Main street, Hoopers, the Nest- etc.

The 90's were a tough time for Kid's educational TV. I blame the rise of Barney the Dinosaur for this. Elmo pretty much helped the show come out of the 90's relatively unscathed (while afformentioned Nick Jr. shows started to arrise). unfortunately, his popularity (as well as the lack of characters from the past, both recent and distant) pretty much altered what the show was.

that said, know what else would be funny? If they took an old show, used the same audio, but randomly cut in lines to feature Elmo. And his lines add nothing to the show. he'd just go around agreeing whith what the others say, like:

Big Bird: I know! Let's play an imagination game!

Elmo: Elmo agress with what Big Bird just said!

Ernie: Let's imagine that we're on a pirate ship, looking for treasure. And Rubber Duckie can be my first Mate.

Elmo: Pirates and Rubber Duckie!

Oscar: Uh, let's not and say we did.

Elmo: Oscar likes to make disparaging remarks.

And let's not forget redubbing songs in the same manner.

Grover: I'm Fuzzy and Blue

Elmo: And Elmo

Grover: Fuzzy and Blue

Elmo: with Elmo, who's red

Grover: Don't you wish that you

Elmo: Elmo likes to wish

Grover: Were all fuzzy and Blue

Elmo: I'm the one known as Elmo!

sort of like this

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh I loved Pinky and The Brain and Larry! They were making fun of the fact that the network wanted them to add i another character and they felt like their would be not reason to do so and that he would have just been in the way, LOL! I was just watching that episode the other day!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Well the last time I checked the show was called Sesame Street, STREET as in a community of people and animals living in a neighborhood together in peace no matter how diverse or different they were. NOT about one creature's imaginary world taking up 1/2 the show, and don't give me any bull about needing to draw in a younger audience, how old were you when you got sucked into that wonderful world? I was 1.

Do you really remember age 1?

I remember being 2 but can't imagine anyone remembering before that.
Yes I actually can and Ill tell you how I know, I remember my grandfather before he died. In particular a photograph that was taken of my family with him in it, it would have put me at a year and a half, because my sister was a baby and my bro wasn't born yet (we are 3 years apart, and my sister and I a year and a half) but anyway I remember crying my eyes out before that in my grandmas hall, and I remember my cousin Gwen picking me up trying to cheer me up, and guess who is holding me in the picture? Gwen. Now that's not all I remember, just proof I remember when I was 1 :smile:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Here's another thread along these same lines. Some good points are brought up by both past and present members:

Elmo Theories

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, when do you suppose they're going to randomly re-title something Abby Cadabby's something or other? you know, to hype that character up more?

This played last weekend, and I kinda wanted to sneak in and see if I could just buy souveniers.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
So, when do you suppose they're going to randomly re-title something Abby Cadabby's something or other? you know, to hype that character up more?

This played last weekend, and I kinda wanted to sneak in and see if I could just buy souveniers.
When ever she gets a doll that sells like the Elmo one did I assume.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somehow, i have the horrible thought that This will be the next SS Live show.

(I wish I had Photoshop... it would've been a lot funnier if done well)
This thread just keeps getting more and more hilarious!