The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

Mokeystar

Reaction score
I seem to remember a Grover skit from when I was little. Grover was, I think, on the brick wall, and I believe it was on a black background and he was talking about the letter "R." There was a white "R" next to him. Grover mentioned at one part that "R" is the first letter in the word "rocket," and then the "R" took off into the air with smoke coming from the bottom and making rocket ship noises. I looked on YouTube and SesameStreet.org but I can't find it!
I am almost positive that clip was shown in one of the Unpaved episodes.
I haven't seen it in a while, but from what I recall the scene is split. Where Grover is, the background is one color, and where the R is to the right, the background is black. Grover talks about words that start with R and as he does, the R demonstrates. For example, Grover uses the word "rock", and the R rocks back and forth. When he mentions the word "roll", the R rolls. Lastly, when he mentioned the word "rocket", the R shot off like a rocket with smoke and all the nifty visual effects.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You're right about it being in an Unpaved ep. It was in #2059.

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
I've looked all over, and I can't find the Sesame Newsflash of Kermit talking to the magic mirror, which was Jerry Nelson. I thought that would be all over the place, but I can't find it. Unless I'm overlooking it....

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Oh and another - it was a cartoon of a Frankenstein-type robot that sang Vo-do-do-de-o-do

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh and another - it was a cartoon of a Frankenstein-type robot that sang Vo-do-do-de-o-do
Could you be talking about the one where a Mad scientist tries to give his monster feelings, and the monster over reacts to each feeling he has?

tv76

Reaction score
in what sesame street does bob sing five monkeys and follow the leader song ?

hi in what sesame street does Bob sing with kids five little monkeys and follow the leader ? write eferrucci@aol.com

Tobester

Reaction score
Question about an Animal Rock band

The band consisted of a hippo on drums, a beaver playing stand up bass, a rooster on guitar and a pig dressed as Elvis as the singer.
They counted from 2 to 12 in different segments and rocked hard in between.
I could swear that the singer was the Dead Kennedy's Jello Biafra.
My 2 yr old likes to play air guitar when they come on.
Makes daddy's old punk rock heart swell with pride.

Anybody got any insight in what band/ musicians they used for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLSIbFoAJrs

Motown Mike

Reaction score
This one's sort of O/T, since it doesn't involve any Muppets, but...

A favorite of my mother and myself, way back when, was a skit involving Bob and - I think - David as waiters who keep running into each other because one of them keeps using the wrong door:

"In on the left, that's the name of the song / Out on the right, and you'll never go wrong!"

Anyone else know what I'm taking about?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anybody got any insight in what band/ musicians they used for this?

I wondered that myself. In old skits like Pinball Number Count and Jazz Numbers, they had famous bands/singers like The Pointer Sisters and Grace Slick, respectively. I always wondered if this was a famous band that was uncredited, or more likely a small local band/session band that did it.