The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

catabor

Reaction score
I seem to recall a Sesame Street sketch back in the 80s in the live-action people appeared hatless. It really freaked me out.

But no, really, the sketch featured Muppets dancing around a crowded, dangerous city street, partially under construction to the tune of "The Safety Dance", by the band "Men Without Hats". Very large letters were being hauled upwards on cranes. I believe the vocals might not have been the original artist, and the words might have been altered. Any links, recollections, or informations? I looked through Muppet wiki, but nothing came up in the search, and the list of songs is just hudge. Uh, yeah, I said hudge, why do you ask?

Drtooth

Reaction score
To help prevent clutter from multiple threads asking for help identifying an older skit, I'm combining this into one thread... as an added bonus, maybe others looking for help can help someone else out as well...

(Note: if any moderators see this, please "sticky" the thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle)

I'll start. It was either the late 80's or early 90's when I saw this... but does anyone remember a story Oscar was telling about a town that lost their pickles, and they were lamenting to the tune of Old MacDonald?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Just when I first saw this thread, I also came across this video on Sesame Street's Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL8_k2uhdj8

It's some sort of promo for the "Elmo's Being Green" DVD. The reason why I posted it on here is because I caught a few glimpses of some rare clips: one is Cookie Monster screaming in front of Oscar's trashcan. I know it's from the second season, because Cookie's head looks small. And one involving a little girl and a gigantic green monster with a picket fence for teeth!

Dantecat

Reaction score
The one with the little girl and the monster with a picket fence of teeth is where the little girl counts 7 pickets of fence and then it starts turning to a monster and she runs away.As a matter of fact,It's on the SW site.And for the Cookie Monster skit from 1970,I'm not sure about that one since I like to know about that one too.:insatiable::excited:

wiley207

Reaction score
I seem to remember a Grover skit from when I was little. Grover was, I think, on the brick wall, and I believe it was on a black background and he was talking about the letter "R." There was a white "R" next to him. Grover mentioned at one part that "R" is the first letter in the word "rocket," and then the "R" took off into the air with smoke coming from the bottom and making rocket ship noises. I looked on YouTube and SesameStreet.org but I can't find it!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's a sketch from the late 90's I recall where at night, Herry was in the arbor writing a story about his favorite place and his mom showed up. It wasn't the same mom puppet used in his family song, but a a spare Herry puppet in drag.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a sketch from the late 90's I recall where at night, Herry was in the arbor writing a story about his favorite place and his mom showed up. It wasn't the same mom puppet used in his family song, but a a spare Herry puppet in drag.
I remember that. My thought was, "That's not Herry's mother!" But I guess with that sketch Herry has the fur of both parents.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I also recall an animated segment by Paul F. where fingers morphed into a person who struggled to plant a seed in an egg carton. Anyone else remember this? And I think there were more of these.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Struggled to plant a seed in an egg cartoon?

Oh you mean egg carton.

Sorry I misread yout post.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is a clip from a 1980's Viewmaster VHS game...

Now, the skit looks like it was made for Sesame Street, not for the VHS (other than the Oscar linking material)... and it has Big Bird singing a friendship song to an eel (possibly a snake?) It clearly looks mid 80's... anyone got any info on the real full skit?