Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love the new Rizzo intro - looks like that was what was supposed to be there originally. So funny they've maintained all the different rat puppets from MFS - they were cool - we need some sketches with those!
Yea the MFS rats where cool but i kind of would have liked to see that one girl rat from MTM. She seemed cool and could really seem to fit with the others. Love the new intro though i think its great are there any more new things i havn't seen yet?

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I love the rats intro with Rizzo. There are 4 of them. dwayne1115 the girl rat from MTM is Yolanda.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love the rats intro with Rizzo. There are 4 of them. dwayne1115 the girl rat from MTM is Yolanda.
yea ok i didnt know how to spell it but i loved her and i think she was in MCC and MTI as well just as background mice. I think she helped sing Scrooge in MCC.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WOW! This is so awesome! I love it so much, and it's the greatest thing ever right now.

I'm so glad to see The Muppets doing something new!

Thanks, Diz!

Luke

Reaction score
Agreed Kev, i hope MC sends out a mail about it as everyone should visit and get their stats up - then more Muppet stuff - YAY!

mrsieve

Reaction score
I'm hoping they have/add new Muppet wallpapers.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
More information...

Here's some more information on the new site: http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/02/more-to-come-on-new-muppetscom.html

As I continue to talk to people at Muppet Studios about the content I've found out some interesting things about them...such as Bill Barretta directed the videos and they were written by Jim Lewis and Kirk Thatcher (prior to the writers' strike). Also more videos are on the way and a new batch should be added real soon.

Also I've been told that the opening page will be changing - there was a bit of a glitch which prevented it from being up right now, but I've been told that it will be really cool. Hopefully that will be up within the week.
Also, as many have already seen, the new opening is up! There are four different openings featuring Rizzo and the rats. :shifty: Very fun stuff!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well all i can say is More Muppets More Muppets More MUPPETS!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
So funny they've maintained all the different rat puppets from MFS - they were cool
Actually the puppets were fixed up to play the munchkins in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz...which is also where the gas mask Rizzo wears in the one opening came from.

So Steve took over the Newsman? Is Brian Henson officially not working with the muppets at all these days?
No, Brian has not walked away from the Muppets, although he is very busy with running the Henson Co. and whatnot. However I think this recast (similar to Brian passing the Scooter and Janice recasts off to others) may been mainly because Brain was not a real strong Newsman replacement in the first place and not comfortable/interested in continuing. He took him on for "The Muppet Show Live" but I don't know if that was ment to be a permanent replacement or just the best or most convenient they could get at the time. I personally think Steve is great as the Newsman and I hope we see more of him in the future.

Ive been looking around and haven;t found any muppet newsman skits.
From the main page scroll the navigation wheel in the upper-left, click on the gadgets icon and then open the News Flash Ticker. This will launch in the window...or you can add the gadget to your DxD profile.

When I visited, the black screen was replaced by the same stock art Muppet group photo for each song. This could be a temporary place-holder for more visual content to come.
The music clips are intended to be just that, audio clips. Users can add the songs to their DxD profiles and you can listen to sample from the various Muppet CDs... there are no plans to add video or other visuals to music clips in the music section... however some musical video clips may be added to the video sections in the future.:coy: