Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
So only 6" difference? Fozzie looks much larger.
That'll be perfect for my display!
Animal is always crouching so I suppose he seems shorter. That's my guess. Animal's stand also appears to favior a shorter crouched pose. :halo: Fozzie's nearly four feet tall! Wow. :embarrassed:

Telly

Reaction score
When's this go on pre-sale again?

Telly

Reaction score
Gonzo's doing good. Still gotta do the pupil adjustment. Plus I ordered clothes from eBay for him. Too bad the clothes are too big. I'm either gonna have to find somebody to alter them or buy smaller clothes. He's so much cooler looking in person. One of my friends stopped by yesterday to lok at him. She was holding him like a baby and walking back and forth and bouncing him. She's like, "This is what i do with my baby nephew!" My roommate got mad and said I treat them like babies. He said it's annoying. :zany:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Wanted to see if there was any interest in keeping this thread going and pose a question to all of you that have been here awhile... How much information were you given prior to the Gonzo and Animal releases? Like how long did you know Animal was being made till the time he went for pre-order? Also I guess this would be for the photos threads but what are Kermit, Gonzo and Animal doing in this waiting period before da bear comes home? (In other words pose your muppets?) My Kermit has been doing dishes, raiding my fridge for fly marmalade, and watching TV. Pretty lazy frog if you ask me. :wink:

Kevin

muppetperson

Reaction score
Wanted to see if there was any interest in keeping this thread going and pose a question to all of you that have been here awhile... How much information were you given prior to the Gonzo and Animal releases? Like how long did you know Animal was being made till the time he went for pre-order? Also I guess this would be for the photos threads but what are Kermit, Gonzo and Animal doing in this waiting period before da bear comes home? (In other words pose your muppets?) My Kermit has been doing dishes, raiding my fridge for fly marmalade, and watching TV. Pretty lazy frog if you ask me. :wink:

Kevin
Yes, it is definately worth keeping this thread going as Fozzie is the next release.Kermit we found out about in around oct,2005,
when the first factory prototype went on show at San Diego Comic Con.We were kept informed all the way and shown every updated prototype for our opinions.Kermit pre ordered around March,06 and shipped August 06.Gonzo was announced the next muppet in july,06 with Animal being likely to follow.However, with the problems of Gonzo's nose, Animal became the next muppet and preordered in May,07 and shipped in June,07. Gonzo pre ordered in November, 07 and shipped in feb, this year, a year and a half from when he was first announced.Unfortuately, since Kermit, we didnt get the informed updates that frequently.My photopuppets are kept behind glass and I try not to pose them that much.All pre orders mentioned are MR's dates, as Gonzo did pre order earlier with Wizard as has Fozzie over in the UK.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by muppetperson
And I wonder if this has anything to do with Terry's trip to somewhere?Terry has me curious because it is as though he was going to do something and then tell us when he gets back!

Eric Dumbfriend
Hi all,

Sorry I didn’t get back to you guys as soon as I got back. The trip I took was nothing really. I was getting my car paint fixed up and my Mother knew of a guy in Amherst Nova Scotia that could do the job for a good price. Sorry if it sounded like something was up. I grew up 20 miles outside of Amherst and that’s 2 to 3 hours from Halifax. I also used that time to bury the ashes of our cat of 19 years on the farm where he was born and I grew up. He had been very sick and we had to put him to sleep on April 14th. It was very hard to do but it had to be done. Yes it has been a hard month as my Aunt also passed away and of all things on the same day the 14th.

Now I will try to answer a wee bit about the Master Replicas business. As Bear Man correctly pointed out I don’t have 100% insight into what is going on at MR. All I know is what was told to be by Travis on the phone and that was that MR will not be ready to green light Miss Piggy for another two months or so and I made this call early in April. In fact they still don’t know if they will put Piggy off and do another character but he told me that so far the Muppet line is still on. It makes it hard for me because I have to get other work on the side as I wait for MR to figure out what they want to do.

Travis had also gotten the first factory prototype from China and he is not happy with it at all. Travis has decided not to show it as he does not want anyone getting upset about it and I think that’s a good idea. I had to give him Fozzie naked foam head pictures to help them over in China. So far that’s all I know.

As far as Corgi selling off thing I’ve got nothing on that, sorry.
Originally Posted by Kevin Knight
I agree with Ignohippo on Terry's abilities. Other than possibly not being a photographer, I'm surprised they do not have Terry posing them for Press Releases, Photots. Or even sending the protos with stills already taken, He would be the one to correctly do it I would imagine? Terry, has anything or any moves on their part surprised you? Feel free to decline comment. Also I may be opening up a can of worms but is there any character that you personally were hoping or looking forward to having the possibility to create the proto for?

Kevin
Kevin I am very glad that you like the way I take my pictures of the posers that I had built and the reason they are good is because I am a puppeteer too and working with Henson on Fraggle Rock as a performer I know how the puppets are suppose to look in pictures. I know about the focus and the fact that the puppets have to be tilted in such a way to work. The puppets should never be strait up in the shots. Anyway you know what I’m saying. Now I have offered to help them out in the picture taken department way back before Travis came along but they turned it down and I think it’s because of the $ plus they have a guy on staff I think.

Now as for your other question Kevin yes I have been surprised on a few things but in most cases I understand why they did what they did and I will leave it at that. Well I guess that’s it for now.

Take care everyone and have fun,

Terry

P.S. I almost for got that I have a new web site up now and it’s a simple address http://www.anguspuppets.com

Enjoy

Frogster

Reaction score
wow... I'm gonna get Kermit now just so I can get Fozzie. That's a pretty sweet Fozzie. When is Fozzie released and how much will he be?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mupdate -

wow... I'm gonna get Kermit now just so I can get Fozzie. That's a pretty sweet Fozzie. When is Fozzie released and how much will he be?
This is a very old thread. Master Replicas fell on hard times and was sold to the Factory in the UK while most of its employees formed EFX Collectibles in California. Everyone wanted Fozzie, but they decided he was too difficult (large and expensive) to produce as their first Muppet product so they went with Rizzo instead. Fozzie's still on the list, but much later. He will also be completely redesigned due to the loss of the prototypes by Master Replicas. For whatever strange reason, they've decided to go with other puppet builders instead of Terry Angus who pitched the idea of Muppet posers in the first place. The prototype pieces do look great so far, but I still find that to be a very lame move by EFX. Nonetheless, I'm sure they didn't come to that decision lightly. The world of these products is a tough one for everybody involved. So, there you go.