Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

King Prawn

Reaction score
The fur doesn't bother me, As with Animals feathers, Once you have it with you and start playing around with it a bit you'll get it looking perfect and I think that the only thing that makes his face look a little weird if the fact that his pupils are a little higher than they should be in my opinion but other than that he's perfect. I'm very happy with the way he looks.

Now I just need to save up two extra weeks and i'll be able to get myself Gonzo.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Yeah i figured it was just a proto, thats why i asked if it was just a bad day for him. Looks like it could do with a wash.

Terry takes beautiful photos of these!
Those protos get manhandled quite a bit at these conventions. I even saw MR employees being pretty rough with the bear when he was brand new at Comic Con last year. Nobody on this board who owned one would mistreat them the way they get mistreated at a convention. I think that may be what has happened to Fozzie. But even with that mishandling, I think he looks incredible.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:embarrassed: Fozzie looks really good! He definitely has the "smooshing" thing that the others have and he'll soften up to our old bear in no time. Fozzie appears to have no issues in my eyes. Speaking of eyes, the focus looks on target. I actually expected more loss of subtlety in mass production. I can't wait for Fozzie. He gets my money! :big_grin:

The Electric Mayhem mini sculptures look okay. There are nice details like Janice's correct guitar and natural fluidity to the poses, but the likenesses generally fall short of the Palisades action figures. I expected the lack of Muppety texture - it makes sense. But I'm worried that these, in present form, might not catch on as I'd like to see. These are prototypes so I know there are possible changes to be made. The sculptural aspects of these not having the constraints of action figures have not been exploited to their best advantage...yet. Here's hoping for some tweaking and some interesting character/scene choices for wave two. :flirt:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Head fur looks good, Body fur is to shaggy, Nose is to small, and eye placement looks off but that could be because of the small nose.
I'm enjoying him the most so far though, Fozzie isn't that tough to do folks come on get it right and I'll plop down a huge chunk of cash on the cow! lol
But I was looking at the Mayhem figures too, and they look a bit too cartoony for my taste. And Floyd and Dr. Teeth look very odd for some reason. I can't put my finger on it... But everything else looks great! Especially Zoot and Janice! Way to go Master Replicas! :excited:
Same here, Just like Palisades they made Dr. Teeth to Small! argh!
Floyd is to tall I think or his shoulders are to high, Zoot is good, Animal wow he's um not good, & Janice looks pretty nice also.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
In the ask Travis thread Terry said the Fozzie at Toy fair is the first prototype and that the second and third are at the factory in china.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
A) you are being harsh on the Bear.

B) Even if this is the first Proto - He looks Darned good. Looks like the Classic Bear. Not the early wiggly ears Fozzie, but the middle configuration. The new Fozzie looks too... Glib... is that correct. I like the TMS Fozzie rather than the current one.

C)Longer hair means he's cuddlier! - He is a Paddington Bear you know.:embarrassed:

D) He is gonna Cost some SERIOUS DUCKETTS - Just imaging the packaging!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Darn it:grouchy: Turns out this is Terry's proto and not a factory sample...no wonder it was met with such a positive reception. Well, I guess its back to wondering how MR can muck-up the bear? Maybe they could use denim instead of fur....only joking Travis...don't!

In all seriousness, Fozzie should be a home run for MR and hopefully show us that Gonzo was just a kink in the chain. :smile:

chequepoint

Reaction score
The problem with using actual fur is that it may fall out, or get dirty if handled by morons. There is the distinct possibility of tiny bits of it falling out. Also, by nature of it not being a styrofoam cup, it will eventually degrade over time and fall to pieces. These things need to last at least 4,000 years or it will be a customer support nightmare for MR.

The current factory solution involves carving the bear out of styrofoam, coating it in a fiberglass resin, and painting a very convincing fur like texture over it. While it sounds awful, we just need to place blind faith in Master Replicas and understand that this is the best fozzie product that we will ever have the honor of buying. Don't worry though, it looks a lot better in person than it does in pictures. Speaking of pictures, you need to order based off of a picture completely unrelated to what the product you are buying actually is, and a low res one at that.

Thats the bad news, but the good news is that he's only coming in at $150 more than what was originally suggested would be the price, and his hat has been abandoned due to budget constraints. However you won't actually find this out until you open the box, because none of the product literature will be adjusted to reflect this.

:embarrassed:

PS. I kid because I love, and I want fozzie to be spectacular. Also because I am a miserable, sarcastic, passive aggressive, jerk.
:attitude:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
PS. I kid because I love, and I want fozzie to be spectacular. Also because I am a miserable, sarcastic, passive aggressive, jerk.
:attitude:

SHENNANGANS! :scary:

Someone quick dispose of his body before Travis sees this.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Anyone have the heights of all four posers? I'm curious as to how much taller Fozzie is compared to Animal.