Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

Luke

Reaction score
With Travis on board now and he is going to see that Fozzie is done right. I knowwe are going to get a really good product when Fozzie comes out!
I think we will too, but its the production manager who ultimately makes these things. I guess Travis is just focusing more on Muppets marketing more now so he can fight for certain things to be put right and keep his eye on the ball on those grounds, it means more to him than it will other people. I think its a smart move them having a true Muppet fan in the loop on these. These are fantastic products, hopefully the new factory can make sure there is no small errors that affect the whole thing as they really do deserve to do well.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
By the way, Luke. It is my view that Gonzo isn't skipable as a replica. Even with the weird nose thing, he's just so cool! I can't wait for the bear, but my bank account can. :embarrassed:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
By the way, Luke. It is my view that Gonzo isn't skipable as a replica. Even with the weird nose thing, he's just so cool! I can't wait for the bear, but my bank account can. :embarrassed:

I totally agree with you! Owning Gonzo is not the same as just looking at pictures on the web. To actually have him there is just another total experiance. I was in aww when I took him out of the box. To me, he looks like Gonzo, just cause his nose is not made out of foam does not mean that he is NOT Gonzo. Strip a chicken of all it's feathers....does this mean it is no longer a chicken? :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm certain Gonzo would support stripping chickens! :concern:

muppetguy

Reaction score
We won't have to worry...

Hey guys, at least we won't have to worry about the eye-lid issue when it comes to Fozzie and Piggy, that's one thing everyone could be comfortable about. I'm acctually ready for Fozzie....and so is my bank account. I really want to start saving up for Piggy...I put $10.00 towards her already. (I know...might sound crazy, I just needed something put away for her....it makes me feel like she'll be made soon):smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I agree in a way, they do all seem to "pop" nicely together as a group as i said in another thread. In another way though, i think it lacks much Gonzo character (the eye and pupil positioning being the reason - not the nose) but at the same time they have done a good enough job of it looking like him and not some other wierdo. I think a lot of people will be on the fence about him more than any other replica, and the decision will probably come down to whether they need the "group" - friends and colleagues have walked past my screen and seen these, and they do love Gonzo but its kinda like "hhhmmm yeah isn't that cute", but show em that Fozzie prototype and they pretty much bite my hand off as to where they can get one. Oh and for some reason any women is pretty hyped about Piggy being made as well.

Once the customisers get onto sorting the eyes i think the photos will gain a lot more character.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I promised my comment in another thread would be my last... but this one really is.

I don't think Gonzo can be considered a replica. And it's not the materials that are the only problem. For instance, if I buy a replica Star Trek phaser, I wouldn't expect it to be made out of all the same materials that they used to make them for the TV show in 1966, but I would expect it to look EXACTLY like it.

Kermit, in my opinion, is as near perfect as he can be, considering how many different versions there are. And Animal, even with his minor flaws, still looks like the real Animal (just look at Anthony's most recent pictures).

But Gonzo, no matter how much you love him and how much he grows on you, is off. Apparently, he's close enough for some of you, and that's fine. I'm glad you like him and I'm glad he makes you happy. I hope MR sells a ton of them. But he's not a replica. No matter how far away you get or blur the photos or take them in the dark, that nose material doesn't look like the original. I don't need to list his other flaws, everyone knows what they are and are choosing to overlook them.

No matter how cute his little shoes are, he's just not a replica. There was a Broadway show that was probably before the time of most of you on this board. It was called "Beatlemania" and was a group of look-alikes and sound-alikes of The Beatles. The commercial said, "They're not The Beatles, but an incredible simulation." To me, that's what this Gonzo is... "He's not a replica, but a reasonable simulation."

Okay, I'm done now.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I promised my comment in another thread would be my last... but this one really is.

I don't think Gonzo can be considered a replica. And it's not the materials that are the only problem. For instance, if I buy a replica Star Trek phaser, I wouldn't expect it to be made out of all the same materials that they used to make them for the TV show in 1966, but I would expect it to look EXACTLY like it.

Kermit, in my opinion, is as near perfect as he can be, considering how many different versions there are. And Animal, even with his minor flaws, still looks like the real Animal (just look at Anthony's most recent pictures).

But Gonzo, no matter how much you love him and how much he grows on you, is off. Apparently, he's close enough for some of you, and that's fine. I'm glad you like him and I'm glad he makes you happy. I hope MR sells a ton of them. But he's not a replica. No matter how far away you get or blur the photos or take them in the dark, that nose material doesn't look like the original. I don't need to list his other flaws, everyone knows what they are and are choosing to overlook them.

No matter how cute his little shoes are, he's just not a replica. There was a Broadway show that was probably before the time of most of you on this board. It was called "Beatlemania" and was a group of look-alikes and sound-alikes of The Beatles. The commercial said, "They're not The Beatles, but an incredible simulation." To me, that's what this Gonzo is... "He's not a replica, but a reasonable simulation."

Okay, I'm done now.

:stick_out_tongue:
As one of this products greatest skeptics and critics I can agree with much of what you said. Not even my (fresh out of the box) photos do him justice. However he does look pretty sweet out of the box.

I wouldn't use the term "authentic" with this Gonzo, but I would use the term "replica" because by most definitions of the word there's a loophole of being a very close copy of the original.

I understand people passing on the item. That was never an option for me because I love this character. He's staring right at me and even my (sometimes harsh) critical eye is just seeing the Gonzo I know and love. Okay, so he likes to put socks on his nose. He he. :concern:

Added Note: This isn’t really a 180 statement from me. I still hold many of the same views about the product, but he looks far better than any of the truly atrocious pre-order photographs. :scary:

If I had money to burn I'd buy two of each of these guys. But I don't (thank goodness, think of the space issues).

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Then if this is the case....Animal should be right up there with Gonzo. His tongue and nose are not made out of foam to replicate the character. He should also be considered a simulation. Gonzo's full body is still made out of the same patterns as the original. So that does qualify him as being part of a replica. The only thing stopping him is his nose which is a small percentage of him. We all know that this is the main part of that makes up who he is, and it is sad to say that this had to be his downfall for it.