The Fourth Fantastic and Fun Official Muppet Central Forum Awards (Round Four!)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
VOTING ENDS ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2008

Hiya, hiya, hiya! You're a wonderful lookin' audience! But seriously folks, welcome one, welcome all to the fourth annual (sort of) Muppet Central Forum Awards! I, your gracious host Ryan/Prawnie/Jack/theprawncracker/Duke of Chutney/etc. am here to kick off the official start of voting for the '07/start of '08 Muppet Central Forum Awards! So get your mice ready (sorry Rizzo) 'cause it's time to vote for your favorite members in award categories spanning the entire forum!

But some of you may be asking yourselves, "How, oh HOW great Ryan, theprawncracker, do we, the voters, go about voting for our favorite forum visitors?" Well, it's quite simple really. Following the rules and guidelines I will post a list of categories to be voted for. Now bear in mind that you DO NOT have to vote for all of the categories, just whichever you feel like voting for. So, you simply copy the list of categories, fill in your choices for the categories and send it via PM or email to Ed "The Count" or myself. Then, I, the host, will tally your votes in the official vote tallying place on the tentative date of Friday, February 8, 2008 (a lovely picture of Kermit and Piggy at a library for those of you with the Muppet Day-at-a-Time calendar) with an awards ceremony to take place the following Saturday, February 16, 2008.

But before I let the voting commence, as host, I'd like to establish a few rules and guidelines to be strictly followed or else your votes will NOT be counted. I repeat, NOT be counted if the rules are not followed. *ahem*
  • Absolutely NO voting for yourself. I mean, sure you wanna win, but voting for yourself seems rather shallow and some members might not like you too much. (I will however allow campaigning for yourself, as long as it DOES NOT get out of hand like last year. If it gets out of hand [e.g. numerous threads asking for a vote, asking for a vote at the end of EVERY post you make, and making threats to people about voting for you] I will ask one of the moderators to quickly lock all of your campaign threads and you will not be allowed to vote or attend the ceremony. It's harsh, but these rules are here for a reason.)
  • You MAY vote for a member in more than one category. (e.g. I vote for Beauregard in the funniest member and best Moppet Family character cattegories.)
  • If you wish to submit a new award category, you (and I can't stress this enough) MUST MUST MUST send me a private message with your request. I'll consider it, and if I think it's a good idea for an award (which I usually do) I'll put it into a new post or ask Ed (The Count) to edit the original category post. (If you wish to place a vote for the new category and you already sent your list of votes beforehand, you DON'T need to send your entire list again, please just send in your vote for the new category.)
  • Any votes sent AFTER Friday, February 8, 2008 will NOT be counted. In fact, I think I may have this thread locked after that date.
  • Acceptance speeches will be allowed at the awards ceremony, but you will NOT be waited for if you're not around to post. Please keep that in mind. I will give a fifteen minute interval between award posts, so please use that time to make your speeches if you won or if you want to. NOTE: Speeches are NOT required, it's just a fun way to incorporate winners into the ceremony.
  • And the biggest rule that absolutely MUST be followed... HAVE FUN!
Phew, now that we got the boring stuff out of the way, let's get to the fun of these awards ceremonies, THE AWARDS! Now, in order to reduce confusion, I'll be separating the awards into two different categories; "Forum Friends and Family" and "Muppet Appreciation (Fan-Fiction, Fan-Art, Most Knowledgeable, etc.)" that way it's easier to not vote there if you don't want to. So, let's get things started!

Forum Friends and Family
  • Make Us Laugh (Funniest Member)
  • Animal on Caffeine (Most Prominent Poster)
  • Short But Sweet (Low Post Count, but meaningful posts)
  • Don't Eat the Pictures (Best Avatar)
  • John (or Jane) Hancock (Best Signature)
  • Mr. Monopoly (Best Game Player)
  • Handyman (Best Puppet Builder)
  • Like a Stake Through My Thread (Best Killer of Threads)
  • Hanging By a Thread (Best Thread)
  • The Golden Game (Best Game)
  • Straight Jackets Anonymous (Craziest Member)
  • Search Party Collector (Most Missed Member)
  • Underneath the Radar (Most Underrated Member)
  • Most Huggable (Nicest Member)
  • Pinch Their Widdle Cheeks! (Cutest Member)
  • Play It Again, Sam (Best MUP3 Trader)
  • Ernie and Bert or is it Bert and Ernie? (Favorite Member Team [Take this how you will])
  • The Muppet Newsman (Best Current Event Reporter)
  • The Muffin Man/Woman (Best Muffiner of Threads)
  • Went to College (Most Knowledgeable Member)
  • The Man with the Badge, the Po-Lice, the Fuzz, the P.I.G. (Best Moderator)
  • The Noob Award (Favorite Newcomer [join-date between January '07 and today])
  • Return to the Insanity (Best Return After an Extended Period Away)
  • The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award (Speaks for Itself. Last years winner: Phillip Chapman)
Muppet Appreciation
  • The Most Sensational, Inspirational, Muppetational Member! ("Classic" Muppet Enthusiast)
  • Can You Tell Me Who to Give, Who to Give This Award To? (Sesame Street Enthusiast)
  • Fraggle Freak (Fraggle Rock Enthusiast)
  • Fan of Fantasy (The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and The Storyteller Enthusiast)
  • Plays With Dolls (Action Figure Enthusiast)
  • Replicator (Master Replicas Muppets Enthusiast)
  • Greatest Club for Stalkers (Best Muppeteer Appreciation Group)
  • School Days, School Days... (Best Use of Muppets in the Muppet College Dorms)
  • Kissy-Kissy! (Best Appreciation of Ushy-Gushy [Frog/Pig Relationship])
  • Fighting the Good Fight (Most Optimistic Muppet Fan)
  • Encyclopedia Red and Fat Blue (Most Knowledgeable Member of All-Things Henson)
  • Andre the Artist (Favorite Fan-Artist)
  • The Golden Book (Favorite Fan-Fiction)
  • The Platinum Pen (Er... Keyboard) (Favorite Fan-Fiction Author)
  • Gags Beasley's Book of Jokes (Funniest Fan-Fiction)
  • Book of Tears (Saddest/Most Heartwrenching Fan-Fiction)
  • Too Much Free Time (Best Fan-Fiction Reader)
  • Light Reading (Best short story, 1 to 5 chapters or installments max).
    [*]Wemblin' Fool (Most random rambler).
    [*]Keepin' the Flame Alive (Most Dedicated Muppet Fan)
Well that does it for the categories I can come up with. Please, if you have an idea for a new award don't be afraid to PM me. The more awards the merrier!

And remember people, this is meant to be FUN. I know this is pretty much unavoidable, but please don't have your feelings hurt if you don't win the award you want, because every member here is special in their own way and you all deserve awards, just for being yourselves!

So get out there, vote, and most of all...

HAVE FUN! :excited: :big_grin: :crazy:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! AWARDS AWARDS AWARDS AWARDS AWARDS AWARDS! WHY MUST I HAVE HOMEWORK? I come vote later! After math and government and witchcraft. ...So... very late tonight, most likely.

Teheheman

Reaction score
How cool, now do we just send you a PM for the votes, or do we post in here? Sorry, I just skipped through the boring stuff to see what the categories were. Just like the real award voters do lol.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Shakes head* Gah, these forum awards drive me bezerk!

But, oh well, I won't be a party pooper...

But I must admit, there are some categories I CAN'T vote in because either I can't think of anyone to nominate for said category, or I feel there ISN'T anyone to nominate for it (the Animal on Caffine is an example since it seems like so many people have been coming and going lately, a lot of whom do seem like prominent posters).

Forum Friends and Family
  • Make Us Laugh (Funniest Member) MrsPepper
  • Short But Sweet (Low Post Count, but meaningful posts) Cherrymoon
  • Don't Eat the Pictures (Best Avatar) Ilikemuppets (though he constantly changes his, but they're always great)
  • John (or Jane) Hancock (Best Signature) Phillip Chapman
  • Handyman (Best Puppet Builder) Keeeermit
  • Hanging By a Thread (Best Thread) How's the Weather Where You Are?
  • The Golden Game (Best Game) The Weekly Survey (though I still don't think it really qualifies as a game)
  • Straight Jackets Anonymous (Craziest Member) BeakerSqueedom
  • Search Party Collector (Most Missed Member) Ziffel
  • Underneath the Radar (Most Underrated Member) Teheheman
  • Most Huggable (Nicest Member) Katzi428
  • Play It Again, Sam (Best MUP3 Trader) Erine81981
  • The Muppet Newsman (Best Current Event Reporter) Gelfing Waldo
  • The Muffin Man/Woman (Best Muffiner of Threads) redBoobergurl
  • Went to College (Most Knowledgeable Member) Winslow Leach
  • The Man with the Badge, the Po-Lice, the Fuzz, the P.I.G. (Best Moderator) Fozzie Bear
  • The Noob Award (Favorite Newcomer [join-date between January '07 and today]) Beakerfan

Muppet Appreciation
  • Can You Tell Me Who to Give, Who to Give This Award To? (Sesame Street Enthusiast) heralde
  • Greatest Club for Stalkers (Best Muppeteer Appreciation Group) RHLC
  • Fighting the Good Fight (Most Optimistic Muppet Fan) Brooklyn
  • Andre the Artist (Favorie Fan-Artist) Vic Romano

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey Daniel, like Snowthy just did, you just post your votes directly in here. The only time you need to PM is if you want to make a request for another award.

Also, if anyone would like to volunteer to help tally votes, they're welcome to. Just PM me if you really want to. :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just a quick word from the fine folks running these awards. In a further effort to keep this thread from spiralling out of control with shameless self-voting... Please use this thread to talk about the various categories already named. If you have a suggestion for a new award, PM either Prawny or myself. We'll confer and make any necessary announcements. Additionally, please send your entire ballot sheets with the persons' names you've nominated to win each award by means of email to my own address. Yes, I know, I'm piling on the workload when I rully shouldn't... But I feel this the best way to ensure against people starting up threads instigating their own self-promotion.

Thank you and have fun.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi... Just a quick word from the fine folks running these awards. In a further effort to keep this thread from spiralling out of control with shameless self-voting... Please use this thread to talk about the various categories already named. If you have a suggestion for a new award, PM either Prawny or myself. We'll confer and make any necessary announcements. Additionally, please send your entire ballot sheets with the persons' names you've nominated to win each award by means of email to my own address. Yes, I know, I'm piling on the workload when I rully shouldn't... But I feel this the best way to ensure against people starting up threads instigating their own self-promotion.

Thank you and have fun.
You can also send your ballots directly to my e-mail address, ryguy102390@hotmail.com to take a bit of work off Ed.

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow, it seems so long since we've had these MC Awards! I just hope we can still conduct a proper ceremony without writers, what with the big strike going on.:wink:

So, let me get this straight...we send our votes privately to either Ryan or Ed and NOT in this thread? I'm a bit lost and I've already tried Harry Krishna (he didn't help).

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yes. Between Post #6 and Post #7, the executives changed the rules on us, and now we e-mail our votes to either Prawnie or Ed. Or both, if we feel like trying to confuse them, though I wouldn't suggest it, because they've both got plenty to do outside of the awards, and it just wouldn't be nice at all.

And darn that Harry Krishna. He can be so unreliable sometimes.