The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Dear Jim,

Any ideas for a girl who seems to be slowly losing her sanity?

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Well i don't know about Jim, but maybe i could help. if you want to talk pm me.
Dwayne, I was just kidding.

Now, for the real question:

Dear Jim,

Is it odd for a child of someone who practically grew up with the Muppets like them, while the parent(s) of said child don't care about them at all?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
James, do you mind if I call you James? I certainly do... Anyway! Care to shed some light for us as to what your job as producer of these Studio DC specials entails? I assume it's more than just fetching coffee and doughnuts and cakes for the cast... or is that just Miss Piggy? I'm sure she worked up an apetite after the Cheetah Girls number. Speaking of which, are the Cheetah Girls nice in person? Is it just being on TV that makes them seem cold-hearted?

And also... I know you probably can't answer this... but do you know if we have a good chance of seeing a third special? Thanks a lot, Jim! You're a credit to your race (the Indy 500)!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Dear Jim,

Was Zoot asleep backstage during the "This is Me" number in the new Studio DC?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Dwayne, would you like me to send the questions? If you're too busy I'd be happy to.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok everyone I have some questions answered! First off AnimatedC9000 I didn't send all the questions that you asked. The reason is you have some great questions but I have to be fair in how i send them . I will spread them out through out the next bit of questions, but please don't stop asking. Now here are these wonderful questions and Answers from Jim Lewis!

JIM LEWIS ANSWERS – 10-12-08

1. From Jimjudy: Hey, JimJudy here again. Just wondering, but do you know how long it is to shoot Studio DC?

It takes about 3 days to shoot a half-hour. Of course, that can be spread out over a couple of weeks, depending on schedules, and doesn’t include pre-recording music and all the pre-production and post-production that’s required.

2. From AnimatedC9000: If the Muppets ran the United States (or the world, whichever works better for you), who would be in each position of power? (ex. President, First Lady, Secretary of State, U.S. Representatives, etc.)

Kermit would be president. Miss Piggy would be co-president. (No second place job for her). Sam Eagle would be Secretary of State. Other than that, it would be a free-for-all, as it is now.

3. From Dwayne: I know we more then likely have talked aboiut this before but I would like to get your take on it once more. Kermit or any of the other Muppets for that matter, as Hosts. Do you think that they will ever Host a show again?

Yes. I hope so. Depends. See, I don’t know either. If the show is funny and entertaining enough, why not? These Muppets are pretty darn talented, y’know.

4. From Ryan: James, do you mind if I call you James? I certainly do... Anyway! Care to shed some light for us as to what your job as producer of these Studio DC specials entails? I assume it's more than just fetching coffee and doughnuts and cakes for the cast... or is that just Miss Piggy? I'm sure she worked up an apetite after the Cheetah Girls number. Speaking of which, are the Cheetah Girls nice in person? Is it just being on TV that makes them seem cold-hearted?

And also... I know you probably can't answer this... but do you know if we have a good chance of seeing a third special? Thanks a lot, Jim! You're a credit to your race (the Indy 500)!

James. I only get called that at the DMV (Division of Motor Vehicles, FYI ). What did I do? I got donuts and coffee. How’d you know? Miss Piggy has her own chef (and he’s not Swedish), so I didn’t have to fetch for her….In truth, I was a creative consultant, advising on all-things Muppet, trying to make sure (as the performers always do) that the characters are portrayed true to who they are. Kind of like the Secret Service, but without the cool ear piece. As for the Cheetah Girls; I was on the periphery and so cannot comment on their nice quotient, but they seemed friendly and certainly could dance and sing, so who am I to complain? A third special? Who knows.

Thanks Jim for all that you do for us fans. You sir are one of a kind!

Me, one of a kind? Let’s be grateful for that! - JL

Last edited by a moderator:

JimJudy

Reaction score
Hey, this is JimJudy again. I'm just wondering, but do you know what they did to all of the old Muppet show sets, and the specials before the show, (example) like the Sex and Violence Pilot wrestling ring and all? Thanks, - JJ