Dark Crystal sequel may be headed to DVD

Reaction score
Frankly, I would have been very surprised if this came to theaters. I always figured it would go directly to video.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

how can you say such things?
Jim must be rolling in his grave right now!

I am begging NO PLEADING, people need to see the new one in theaters and if quality /backing /or production is an issue, then take more time and do it right!

JMPrater

Reaction score
"any more news on this subject?"

That's the understatement of the year! Ha! Henson is content with silence. Who knows what's up with this film at the moment.

J.M. Prater

DJ SCY

Reaction score
Well, it's just about springtime and I don't see the POFDC DVD anywhere yet. So wht's the latest news on the upcoming sequel?

JMPrater

Reaction score
There is no news, if nothing else, Genndy, Lisa Henson & co have been successful at excluding the potential fans of this film from any sort of 'in process' diary or the like.

If they want this film to be successful, then we the fans need to be brought aboard. Period.

Success has made a failure of our home.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is an intentional exclusion or the lack of resources of Henson Co? This sequel is definitely a departure in style and substance of the original. There was no getting around that in my opinion. The question is - just how much and is that why fans are being kept out of the loop? They could have found a fresh take on things that honors Jim and Frank's materpiece. Then again...who knows? They have some very talented people working on this picture, we'll just have to wait and see. An online production diary would be nice...anyone at Henson listening? Maybe even a continual brief update on the podcast. :wink:

Reaction score
HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Still waiting for word on the return of the powerful skeksis race.

keep your fans in the loop please, please,

please be friends? Show them, skeksis will not harm you.

GoblinBabe

Reaction score
It would be nice if we heard even a whisper of the progress of this movie. Is it still in progress even? Do you think Froud will announce anything at FaerieWorlds? Or are we going to hear something before August? Any clues?

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
dark crystals return

all i know is that i would love to see a sequal.... i have the first one taped off tv and i cannot find it on dvd anywhere. if anyone has a clue as to where i can find it please let me know...and keep me posted if you hear anything about the sequal:scary: