2008 Menu Descriptions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, no worries frogboy... Though shouldn't it be "frogman" by now? Eh, some of us remain kids at heart with a touch of adult growing.
As far as the art project... Is okay if you can't do it, I understand. Contacted Vic, he also said he was swamped which I completely understand. Haven't heard from Jay (lowercasegod) yet and Oscarfan said he was interested... But in terms of having it covered, well, the lack of posts in the thread and the fact I don't have anyone committed yet should tell you the rest of the story. Take care of yourself Jamie and happy holidays.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, no worries frogboy... Though shouldn't it be "frogman" by now? Eh, some of us remain kids at heart with a touch of adult growing.
As far as the art project... Is okay if you can't do it, I understand. Contacted Vic, he also said he was swamped which I completely understand. Haven't heard from Jay (lowercasegod) yet and Oscarfan said he was interested... But in terms of having it covered, well, the lack of posts in the thread and the fact I don't have anyone committed yet should tell you the rest of the story. Take care of yourself Jamie and happy holidays.
I'm one of those freaky, young at heart, 34 going on 12 "elvin-looking" people so I'm used to being viewed as a frog-boy. :smile: My bouncy Muppet walk doesn't help. :big_grin:

The end of the year gets tough for people particularly artists. This is when people need us. Summer rolls around and clients stop calling. We tend to have an inverted hibernation. :embarrassed:

Wish I could help. The Muppet Show characters are really my strong suit. Still, I take this stuff so seriously that it would be an enormous effort at anytime. If there's ever any particular Muppet Show/Muppets Tonight cast member you need a photo for I can try to locate it for you. I'll still ask around about interest in this SS project. I'm anxious to see it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'd appreciate that. LMK if anything/anyone turns up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:shifty: Muppet Christmas Carol Menu :concern:
This menu is inspired directly from the movie. Snow falls in the composition. Scrooge appears from far away; head to toe in the center of the frame. The Muppet Central greeting eclipses him and morphs into Merry Christmas in white letters trimmed with red. Gonzo, in his top hat, is to the left of the greeting, Rizzo, in his top hat, to the right of it.

From left to right (on the left side):
The cloaked Ghost of Christmas Future fades in on News rollover in front of a fenced graveyard. Next to this area is the penguin’s skating area. A very small Cratchit Piggy is seen very small just beside it. There is an archway above two tiny penguins. Upon Collectibles rollover a larger penguin in a red cap and yellow scarf skates by in the foreground. Next to this is a lamp post next to a building with a wreath and garland adorning it. There’s also a snowman out front. Upon Articles rollover the lamp lights up and Cratchit Kermit slides out into view. He is holding out his top hat and Tiny Tim Robin, who is holding out his crutch, on his shoulder. On rollout they slide back behind the lamp post disappearing. Upon Forum rollover of Gonzo, he ducks a little and his eyes widen while Bean Bunny pops out behind his shoulder.

From left to right (on the right side):
Upon Guides rollover of Rizzo, he crouches and the Marley ghosts Statler and Waldorf fade in and float above him with their chains and semi-transparency. There are more of the city buildings exposed with a Christmas tree, moon, carolers and Fozziewig very tiny in the doorway of his building. Upon Radio rollover the ethereal floating of the angelic Ghost of Christmas Past, draped in a white gown, fades and flows into frame. Next to her on Cards rollover, the bearded Ghost of Christmas Present steps into frame from behind a wall. He disappears with a twinkling colored light effect on rollout. The red brick wall to the right has a hole in it where three members of a mouse family emerge on Help rollover. A girl mouse is in the center with an empty green bowl.

:zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:coy: Muppet Family Caroling Menu :insatiable:

Muppet Central is written in white in the center of the menu. It morphs into a Merry Christmas greeting. The logo appears over an image of Rizzo the Rat in a holiday wreath. The wreath is hung on a red brick building with two open windows in the center of the page. The windows have black cross-hatched pane sections. All the Muppets are caroling in the snow. Some have festive Santa and knit caps and caroling scrolls. There’s a landscape of snow, two decorated Christmas trees on opposite sides of the page, soft white glowing stars in the blue winter sky and gently falling snow.

The characters include (from left to right):
Big Bird, Oscar (on News rollover), Count, Cookie Monster, Grover (on Collectibles rollover), Prairie Dawn, Wembley, Red, Mokey, Puppyduck & Mopatop (from UK’s Mopatop’s Shop), Sprocket (on Articles rollover), Gobo, Boober, Bert, Elmo (on Forum rollover), Ernie, Tutter & Bear (in the building’s left window), Waldorf & Statler (in the building’s right window), Kermit, Robin (on Guides rollover), Miss Piggy, Janice, Floyd, Animal (on Radio rollover), Dr. Teeth, Scooter, Gonzo wearing a knitted nose-warmer (on Cards rollover), Sam, Droop, Fozzie, Sweetums, and Bunsen & Beaker (on Help rollover).

The image originally came from the television advertisement spreads for the John Denver & the Muppets Christmas Together special and has now been transformed into this MuppetVerse inclusive menu. It isn’t the most striking one of the 6 holiday selections, but it is a fan-pleasing composition that makes me miss the Muppet world connections of years past. There is one seasonal menu right after Christmas until the New Years' menu follows it and this all begins again.

Merry Christmas all!
:flirt:

peyjenk

Reaction score
It is so hard to choose a favorite Christmas menu! They are all so beautiful. Thank you so much for all of your work to make our Christmas that much merrier and Muppetier!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:wisdom: Caroll Spinney Celebration Menu :grouchy:

In this menu the site's red arches drop in as usual. A banner that reads "Celebrating Caroll Spinney" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinkling glitter sparkles briefly while Caroll's characters pop up into the arches along with the fabulous Mr. Spinney himself to the right of the logo while his signature character Big Bird is to the left.

On Big Bird's side (left to right) Snuffy, Grover and Little Bird join in on the celebration.

On Caroll's side (left to right) Oscar, Slimy and Biff appear.

Thank you Caroll Spinney for the special touch you have given Sesame Street over the past 40 years! You are a defining factor of Sesame's success as well as an important factor in this very artist's upbringing! There just cannot be enough thanks for that!

:smile:

ngreen522

Reaction score
Great Menu Description, but isn't that Bruno all the way to the right, not Biff. Only noticed it cuz I specifically looked for this thread to remember his name, and "Biff" just wasn't sitting right.

Once again, here is another situation that proves I thought Muppets were real. Of course it makes sense that Caroll Spinney was Bruno. But until it's right there in my face, I must have subconsciously kept the notion that they were two entirely separate entities.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great Menu Description, but isn't that Bruno all the way to the right, not Biff. Only noticed it cuz I specifically looked for this thread to remember his name, and "Biff" just wasn't sitting right.

Once again, here is another situation that proves I thought Muppets were real. Of course it makes sense that Caroll Spinney was Bruno. But until it's right there in my face, I must have subconsciously kept the notion that they were two entirely separate entities.
Ooops. I meant Bruno. Good catch. I had to type that so quickly since the menu will only be up for a day. :embarrassed: