2008 Menu Descriptions

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jamie, thanks for the descriptions.

I'm always impressed every time I open MC on my computer!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet Babies Easter Holiday Menu​

A field of green grass, speckled with colorful flowers and scattered Easter eggs, fades into view. There are white picket fences on either side with one white fluffy Muppet sheep in each. There is a blue sky with fluffy clouds and a red barn schoolhouse. A mouse stands atop a rock on the left hand side. A rabbit lounges on his tummy on the right. A pink, purple and blue egg with a yellow “Happy Easter” greeting pops into the center of the menu. A puppet version of Baby Piggy holding an egg basket emerges on the left, Baby Kermit to the right. The egg cracks open and falls away to reveal Baby Bean Bunny inside. The Muppet Central logo appears behind him before he bounces away and randomly pops up and down and even upside down all across the menuscape.

On Piggy rollover a Baby Rizzo appears. He wears a backwards yellow baseball cap and blue overalls with yellow buttons and an image of Swiss cheese on the front. On Kermit rollover a Baby Pepe pops up. He’s wearing a blue shirt with a pink bunny on it. One of his arms holds an egg.

From the left side: On News rollover Baby Animal appears, on Collectibles rollover Baby Rowlf and on Articles Baby Fozzie appears. His cap’s propeller spins around.

From the right side: On Radio rollover Baby Gonzo appears with Camilla doll, on Cards Baby Scooter appears and on Help Baby Skeeter appears in her maroon Sunday dress.

I designed this menu to be almost disgustingly sugary sweet to see how far I could go. Even so I smile every Easter when it rolls around. I may not be the biggest Muppet Babies fan, but this is the way I’d like to see them. I also had fun creating Pepe and Rizzo as Muppet Baby puppets.
:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Jamie. Um, are the nine Muppet Babies featured from the show in their customary outfits? Just asking cause you said Skeeter is wearing a maroon Sunday dress. Also... Have you thought of either adding to this MB Easter menu or creating a new one with more puppet baby versions of other Muppets?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:insatiable: April Fool's Day Menu :stick_out_tongue:

The Muppet Central menu opens up as usual (red arches adorned with light bulbs and pillars) but one thing is different. Everything is upside down!

The bottom links and the dates are fine, but the usual yellow and white Muppet Central logo and the Muppets (who pop down into place from the top rather than the usual cascading shuffle) are upside down.

The Muppet arrangement is the same fixed set each time it loads. The characters from left to right are: Bear (in the Big Blue House), Boppity (Blue Frackle), Gobo Fraggle, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Oscar and a Firey (Labyrinth).

Simple but serves its purpose. :wink:

Happy April Fools!
(now I have to go join the French foreign legion)​

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Random suggestion; maybe for April Fool's day, when you roll over the links...each one could do something different (like fall out of his/her arch or change to a different character or colors)...Or maybe put up a different section's banner. Or maybe...."Muffin Central" :stick_out_tongue: Only a seuggestion, though. :coy:

P.S. Great work on these banners, I love them! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:attitude: Puppetry Celebration Menu :scary:
(Puppetry Day)​

Fade in on a canyon between two earth-colored mountains with Aughra standing under the one on the right side. This is all that happens to be lit in the center of the menu. There is a white version of the Dark Crystal castle right of center. Amid a red, blue and golden dawn sky - three planets, yellow, orange and violet converge into an eclipse. The blast of light transforms into the Labyrinth owl who flies through the center of the menu and then disappears. “Celebrating Puppetry” is written in white along the landscape. It disappears as a gold Muppet Central logo appears in the Dark Crystal font. The link section beneath is trimmed with the same gold color and is adorned with the brown-colored interlocking pattern that was used to “letterbox” the credit sequence of the “Dark Crystal” when it first appeared on home video. The links are in white and the date appears in purple.

Once the owl flies away the spotlight broadens and the rest of the landscape is visible. From left to right on the left side of the menu – There is tree framing the left side where Labyrinth’s Ludo steps out from behind upon rollover of the News section. There is a “nebri” creature, a flowing waterfall and a stream where Jen plays his flute upon the grassy shore. To the right of him is a white landstrider. Upon rollover of the Collectibles section Kira and a barking Fizgig appear. Upon rollover of the Articles section (where Jen sits) Kimba the white lion from the Henson Hour rises from the grass. Upon rollover of the Forum section (where the landstrider stands) a shaking African mask puppet from the Harry Bellefonte Muppet Show pops up. :smile:

From left to right on the right side of the menu – Augrha stands to the right of the Muppet Central logo. Behind her is a canyon that has one of the faces from the rock formations in Labyrinth. Mystics appear to be climbing the canyon and landscape heading toward the logo and away from the Labyrinth that is in the foreground. A fluttering winged fairy floats to the right of the canyon face. To her right a goblin with a spiky helmet peeks up into frame only visible from the nose-up. To his right there is a floating glass orb, a gnarled tree and framing the menu to the right is the Labyrinth worm in all his blue-feathered, red-scarf wearing splendor. He rests beneath the tree and ever so slightly blinks. Upon rollover of the Guides section another African mask puppet (a female looking one) pops up and shakes around. Upon rollover of the Radio section Hoggle pops up with a peach in his hand. A bubble floats out of it as his expression changes and he winces. Upon the Cards section rollover a firey from Labyrinth pops up and juggles his head from side to side. Upon rollover of the Help section a skeksis emerges from behind the gnarled tree branches and grasps the sparkling glass orb.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Jamie... Another excellent entry. JHH, Dark Crystal and Labyrinth all duely represented in such a grand form in this stunning menu. One thing though... It seems that the White Lion from JHH was mistakenly confused for Kimba from his own popular Japanese anime series. Not sure if you caught that little blip. Then again, maybe that was intentional as it made me go and research the character just to make sure. At any rate, thanks for another great menu and I look forward to the next one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey Jamie... Another excellent entry. JHH, Dark Crystal and Labyrinth all duely represented in such a grand form in this stunning menu. One thing though... It seems that the White Lion from JHH was mistakenly confused for Kimba from his own popular Japanese anime series. Not sure if you caught that little blip. Then again, maybe that was intentional as it made me go and research the character just to make sure. At any rate, thanks for another great menu and I look forward to the next one.
You are right. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Thought_Lion Apparenlty he's called the Thought Lion. I guess I always called him Kimba for obvious reasons when it wasn't so. Feel free to edit that little portion of my post if you'd like. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Will leave it as is, these posts following it explain the Oops! *Stock footage of wrecker ball demolishing a condemned building. (Square 1 TV reference). :scary: :batty: :shifty:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:insatiable: Muppet Central Mother's Day Menu! :super:

Fade In: on a kitchen with pink checkerboard tiles, pink drapes, heart patterned trim and a pale green countertop. There’s an oval picture frame with “Happy Mother’s Day” pink animated stitching that is soon to be replaced with the Muppet Central logo. On the countertop there are used mixing bowls, a Cookie Monster cookie jar and Tutter Mouse. Fozzie’s Ma in a black hat and dress with white polka-dots and Ma Fiama with a pot of sauce pop up to frame the center logo. Pale green doors frame the composition on either end. Cookie Monster’s mom is on the left in a yellow Sunday dress; Grover’s mom is on the far right in a green dress, red glasses and a mop of brown hair atop her blue furry head.

From left to right:
On Cookie Monster’s Mom’s rollover her hand lifts a cookie, her mouth opens and her eyes google around. Next to her there is a refrigerator that upon rollover Cookie Monster pops out with mouth open and googly animated eyes. On next rollover Fozzie pops up next to his Ma and wiggles his ears. On Ma Bear’s rollover she sticks a banana in her hear. On Johnny’s Ma’s rollover Sal the monkey pops out of the saucepan next to her and she beats him with a wooden spoon (lovingly, I suppose). Next to her on rollover, Johnny pops up with a red checkerboard napkin bib and fork in hand. Next to him on rollover Grover pops through the open window from outside and waves at his mom. On Grover’s Mom’s rollover she lifts up a heart decorated Mother’s Day card and reads it.

This is a fun menu that really seems like a Muppet set environment rather than a patchwork of imagery. I imagine the Muppeteers below performing these mother and son counterparts…and Sal. Poor Sal. :embarrassed: