Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

Erine81981

Reaction score
I got the set just now for a present from my mom and dad. It's so cool to know that i finally got it. I had asked for it and she told me that she couldn't find it. (there's really more to the story but don't want to bore you all) But what's weird is that if anyone remembers that there was a mess up with one of the pics in the case. It had a fold with the number 2 in it. When I saw it i had to look again but the folder is not on mine. Here's a pic of it.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/Fred25/ssoldschoolvol2.jpg

Drtooth

Reaction score
But what's weird is that if anyone remembers that there was a mess up with one of the pics in the case. It had a fold with the number 2 in it. When I saw it i had to look again but the folder is not on mine. Here's a pic of it.

I got mine just last night... and I have the one that has the folder stuck on it. I wonder what caused that, and why they didn't catch it sooner?

Anyway, All I saw so far was the classic cuts from season 8. But that Pinball Nuimber Count cell is pretty breathtaking. I'm so going to frame it.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I got the set just now for a present from my mom and dad. It's so cool to know that i finally got it. I had asked for it and she told me that she couldn't find it. (there's really more to the story but don't want to bore you all) But what's weird is that if anyone remembers that there was a mess up with one of the pics in the case. It had a fold with the number 2 in it. When I saw it i had to look again but the folder is not on mine. Here's a pic of it.

Lucky mine has the creepy icon on it.:frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching the DVD too (I only got through one episode, since I'm pacing myself, and don't want to watch the entire thing at once), and I also noticed that a few skits were the more modern counterparts. but then again, this isn't new. The last box set had the "sweetened" version of the Alphabet Soup skit on it. I wonder if that means they only had access to the sweetened or modern versions of the clips. All and all, I don't care if I hear the tinny sound in the "imagination 11 dogs" skit, just as long as I've got it.

LadyVader

Reaction score
did every one get the same Cell? also when i was a kid i remember more Roosevelt Franklin and more Disco and it also seemed to have not as much Oscar.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Actually it's called Cel. And if it's the one with the #2 of the Pinball Count then yes. I got that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Phew! Well, it took me three days, but I FINALLY got finised with Old School Volume 2 tonight, and I simply must say, I found this set to be even better than the first! SO many classic moments that bring back memories, even from my childhood, and that complementary animation cel from Pinball Number Count #2 was neat!

I enjoyed this set from start to finish!

Now then, I can't wait for Volume 3 to come out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else loving the little Typewriter guy interstitials at the beginnings and ends of the episodes? I Think that M...Macho one comes out of no where. Especially the Nacho bit at the end. (mayhaps a reference about the song Macho Man being popular as when the episode was made).

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Macho, Macho Man...

Anyone else loving the little Typewriter guy interstitials at the beginnings and ends of the episodes? I Think that M...Macho one comes out of no where. Especially the Nacho bit at the end. (mayhaps a reference about the song Macho Man being popular as when the episode was made).
You are correct Doc...the song "Macho Man" was Village People's breakthrough hit that year (Roughly 7 or 8 months before "YMCA" came out) and I think that incorporating the word Macho along with the animated Construction worker was a sign of the times, if you will. Great observation Doc, until I read your post, I didn't even realize the VP reference...and being a "Villager", I should have!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I loved the Typewriter bits, especially when he unplugged the modern computer that showed the unnessary disclaimer, hehe.