Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telly

Reaction score
I hope Fozzie's fur doesn't become an issue with people! :embarrassed:

doc hopper

Reaction score
I'm totally glad it was made and although I don't have one (and I wish it was 100% accurate), I think it's better than nothing!

Just my point of view - now bring on that 100% accurate Fozzie.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I believe we all have mixed feelings. I am happy that I got him, and that's my opinion. If they would did something different, yes I still would have got him. THere was a lot of work put into this little guy, you can tell. So now, I am really ready for Fozzie. I cannot wait to see him again. :embarrassed:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I believe we all have mixed feelings. I am happy that I got him, and that's my opinion. If they would did something different, yes I still would have got him. THere was a lot of work put into this little guy, you can tell. So now, I am really ready for Fozzie. I cannot wait to see him again. :embarrassed:
Some people just expect too much in life I guess. I have been a Muppet fan since I was old enough to watch TV and have been a Henson fan since the age of 8 (I am now 28). From the pics Gonzo looks good enough for me to want to own one. That's it. If people don't like it they don't have to buy but there really is no reason for them to put the replica and anyone who choses to buy it down again and again and again and at every opportunity. Just seems stupid to me.

Luke

Reaction score
I hope Fozzie's fur doesn't become an issue with people! :embarrassed:
I don't think the fur will be an issue - that was only an issue on the prototype and it doesn't relate at all to what they use at the factory.

Only one person said they would have preferred Gonzo wasn't made - i think we needed a Gonzo at some point. I'm sure everybody would love the main 5 complete but the dilema is the way things have gone and the way the factories are obviously having a lot of difficulty making these it might be better for them to focus on the ones that are easier to do than people saying they must have x and x character. I'd rather have a 95+% Beaker or Rizzo than another 80% Muppet that they couldn't do right and the factory struggles with. If they do that in the long run the line could run on and on, and the factories get better and better and so will the replicas.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm sure everybody would love the main 5 complete but the dilema is the way things have gone and the way the factories are obviously having a lot of difficulty making these it might be better for them to focus on the ones that are easier to do than people saying they must have x and x character.

I know it isn't so much up to the factories on this decision. I know that the engineers at the MR company has to figure out what goes and what works. The factories only mass produce whatever MR wants them to make once they say that the final factory prototype is ok'd.

Luke

Reaction score
I know it isn't so much up to the factories on this decision. I know that the engineers at the MR company has to figure out what goes and what works. The factories only mass produce whatever MR wants them to make once they say that the final factory prototype is ok'd.
The problem with that though is that the average chinese factory worker on a low pay is not going to be as skilled as the MR engineer so it takes them time to learn the process of assembling them and getting it right. The more experienced they get at following MR's directions the more accurate the end result. This may explain the problems with Animals mouth closing and the way the eyelids are not being covered with fur properly - what probably worked when they took time to do it at Master Replicas did not work at the factory once they were being mass produced.

It's exactly the same as with the Muppet figures, they ended up going through loads of factories and each time it took them a while to get into the swing of things - some of the later produced figures were the best.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
By the way, thanks Caper. My pupil material came today and I now have a much better Gonzo. I'll post pictures soon. I especially like how there's some "give" to the adhesive so the dot can be tweaked after placement. I'm still "zen"-ing where they should end up.

Also working on painting the lid shells and green stripe. I migh go through and change the color a little. It is very green. :concern:

I think future Master Replicas posers should have pupils with some "give" to them so they can be tweaked by the owner. Either way, for next to nothing by way of money I have enough pupil material for an entire Muppet Movie ending group shot number of Muppets! Thanks again!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I do remember Brian saying something about there workers in China how they have the best people to produce there stuff. Someone was concerned about them getting paid little for all this work on a Q&A day. He said that they have nothing but the best and rest assure that they get paid good. So maybe it isn't all that bad. Who knows.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
If people don't like it they don't have to buy but there really is no reason for them to put the replica and anyone who choses to buy it down again and again and again and at every opportunity. Just seems stupid to me.
Just to be clear, I never put down anyone that bought it. If you go back through my messages, you'll see that I said I'm glad that people are happy with him and I hope MR sells a whole bunch of them.

:stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.