Muppet Babies opening sequence question

Drtooth

Reaction score
BABY SCOOTER: I've got my computer...
BABY SKEETER: I flip through the air!
BABY ROWLF: I'll play the piano,
BABY GONZO: And I got blue hair, ha!
(trumpet solo)
And the best part of that? They have a live action clip of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem watching the show and bouncing to the beat of the theme song. I just love that.

CHORUS: Come down in the basement, putting on shows...
WOMEN SINGERS: Little Muppet Monsters!
CHORUS: Kermit and the Penguins and Pigs in Space, too,
Everybody's joining Tug and Molly and Boo...
SANDWICH: This is ridiculous!
Actually, it's more like, "they're down in the basement putting on shows." But otherwise you're correct.

wiley207

Reaction score
Yep. Maybe the Electric Mayhem was watching the show since their own Animal was in it. :halo:

But I'm not sure who it is that says "HUH?" It might be either Baby Piggy or Baby Gonzo. Their "Huh?"s sound similar

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Yep. Maybe the Electric Mayhem was watching the show since their own Animal was in it. :halo:

But I'm not sure who it is that says "HUH?" It might be either Baby Piggy or Baby Gonzo. Their "Huh?"s sound similar
What about Baby Animal?

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Block Shows

Seeing as this incarnation was a "block" type show (at least two segments), do you have any other favorite shows that were "block" shows? I know there were a lot of Hanna-Barbera cartoons between the mid 1970s and the early 1980s that were part of blocks, such as:

*The Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show (1975-1976) (Mumbly, a Muttley reworking that bordered on Scooby-Doo-type mystery solving, was added, replacing one T&J rerun for the course of 16 weeks in the 1976-1977 season). T&J itself was of course a continuation of the old 1940-1967 MGM theatrical cartoons, and Grape Ape ("Grape Ape, Grape Ape") was a huge purple gorilla (bystanders would say "A gorilla-la-la-la!" when they're distraught by his presence) who had the vocal mannerism of Lurch Addams (and R&B singer Barry White), assisted by his sidekick dog, Beegle Beagle.

*The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (Show) (1976-1977) (Scooby-Doo is a mystery-solving Great Dane assisted by four friends named Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma; and Dynomutt: Dog Wonder is a Batman parody featuring a robotic dog who malfunctions at times, with the title character bordering on Robin: Boy Wonder, and his sidekick Blue Falcon/Radley Crown, a socialite art dealer by day, bordering on Batman/Bruce Wayne). This would segue into Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics for the 1977-1978 season, introducing us to Captain Caveman (his trademark was his elongated battle cry of "CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!") and Laff-A-Lympics which itself was a parody of ABC's Wide World of Sports and Battle of the Stars.

~Ben (BigBirdABCDEFGH)

Rugratskid

Reaction score
They didn't redub Animal and Bunsen and Skeeter's voices for the second opening, but for some reason they re-did Nanny's line (it still sounded like Barbara Billingsley voicing her). The copy of the old opening commonly seen on Youtube had the second version of the opening theme dubbed onto it. My uncut copies of "What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?" and "The Great Cookie Robbery" both have the original long intro and Nanny's line sounds a bit different there. Don't believe me? Compare these clips.

So wait, are you mbfan07?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Oh. :laugh: Sorry about that. Do you have any episodes of Muppet Babies?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Block Shows

Seeing as this incarnation was a "block" type show (at least two segments), do you have any other favorite shows that were "block" shows? I know there were a lot of Hanna-Barbera cartoons between the mid 1970s and the early 1980s that were part of blocks, such as:

*The Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show (1975-1976) (Mumbly, a Muttley reworking that bordered on Scooby-Doo-type mystery solving, was added, replacing one T&J rerun for the course of 16 weeks in the 1976-1977 season). T&J itself was of course a continuation of the old 1940-1967 MGM theatrical cartoons, and Grape Ape ("Grape Ape, Grape Ape") was a huge purple gorilla (bystanders would say "A gorilla-la-la-la!" when they're distraught by his presence) who had the vocal mannerism of Lurch Addams (and R&B singer Barry White), assisted by his sidekick dog, Beegle Beagle.

*The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (Show) (1976-1977) (Scooby-Doo is a mystery-solving Great Dane assisted by four friends named Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma; and Dynomutt: Dog Wonder is a Batman parody featuring a robotic dog who malfunctions at times, with the title character bordering on Robin: Boy Wonder, and his sidekick Blue Falcon/Radley Crown, a socialite art dealer by day, bordering on Batman/Bruce Wayne). This would segue into Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics for the 1977-1978 season, introducing us to Captain Caveman (his trademark was his elongated battle cry of "CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!") and Laff-A-Lympics which itself was a parody of ABC's Wide World of Sports and Battle of the Stars.

~Ben (BigBirdABCDEFGH)
That's easy: Garfield and Friends!

About the opening sequence, that could possibly be one of the older seasons. I haven't seen the show since I was in kindergarten, so I don't remember much.