Play With Me Sesame moves to Sprout

Erine81981

Reaction score
I had almost forgot till i was listening to the MuppetCast lastnight and now i'll have to wait Halloween (when i get paid) to go buy them. Can't wait!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By the way, which PWMS DVD did you buy? What do you think?
I bought Playtime with Grover, and although it would have been great if some segments from the shows first decade were included, it pretty much doesn't dissapoint.

Ive read that these two were previously released outside of the US. Do you happen to know if these are exactly the same in content as the international releases, or if any segments were added, droped, and/ or replaced for the United States release?

sesameinsider

Reaction score
These PWMS DVD's are exactly the same content as the original versions that were sold in Australia first and then around the world

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do you know if any of the Play With Me Sesame DVDs have any original content, or if everything (with the obvious exception of a voice-over announcing the title) originated in either Play With Me Sesame or Sesame Street?

Also, do you happen to know if there is any special reason why Play With Me Sesame DVDs were released in austrailia before they were in america? Could the show have had a bigger fanbase in Austrailia than in America? I would have watched the series, if I had Noggin or Sprout. I really hope that more of these DVDs get released in America. Muppet Wiki has a Play With Me Sesame videography page, listing all of the releases, though not the content (with the exception of the one I bought, thanks to me). I hope to get Goodnight Sesame, but that will have to wait until christmas or later. I need to hold off on buying some things so I can get them for christmas, and have to buy for other people, and I am also saving my money for Old School Volume 2 (that's something that I definately can't wait until christmas to get).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Insert Title Here*

Since the title of my threads always seem to be edited anyway

Has there been new footage added to Play With Me Sesame? I used to watch Play With Me Sesame everyday back when Noggin actually cared about our Sesame, so I pretty recognize every "show" they've done and have a pretty good idea of what "Old School" footage they've featured.

Well yesterday and today I've caught Play With Me Sesame on Sprout, and maybe I'm imagining things, but have they added new footage? Like yesterday for example, I saw an old sketch (circa late 80s I believe) of Elmo taking music lessons from Prairie Dawn and they were going to play the Minuet together, but Prairie having a hard time with Elmo because he wasn't serious enough, then he was too serious, then he was playing too slow, then he was playing too fast. Then today I was watching and saw they had Grover the Hot Dog Vendor on.

Now like I said, I used to watch Play With Me Sesame everyday back when Noggin cared, but I never saw either of these two sketches on before, and I'm sure if I watch on Sprout tomorrow, there might be more... so have they added new footage?

EDIT: Hey, now Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn are having a guessing game playdate.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read that new epsidoes have been produced (or contracted to be produced), though I don't know if they have aired yet. But I read in another thread that when the show was shown in other countries, segments where Prairie Dawn hosts an art show were cut and repalced with more classic Muppet material, and these versions are the ones shown on Sprout, although some of Prairie's art segments have been put back in.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah... I haven't seen any of those... but then again, I haven't seen any of the "interactive" bits either where they have actual home videos of kids playing in their homes, backyards, etc... I'm assuming because that stuff had to do with Noggin.com, and they probably aren't going to air that stuff on Sprout.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw my fisrt Sprout PWMS and I saw the following segments:

-Elmo talks about feelings
-Zoe imagines a great friend
-Prairie and Cookie hike
-"Natasha's Lullabye"
-Ernie's feelings game

And there was something wierd I noticed. After Prairie's art show, the transitioned to one of their typical circle backgrounds. Then, it tranistioned to another background. Then, it cut to black and faded in the on the nature hike sketch.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Also, do you happen to know if there is any special reason why Play With Me Sesame DVDs were released in austrailia before they were in america? Could the show have had a bigger fanbase in Austrailia than in America?.
Being From Aus, May as well answer your Question. PWMS has Just bout all of the Episodes on DVD in Oz, And My local blockbuster is Selling them ridiculously cheap, some for $5 (like $4 American) All brand new.The show Airs 5/7 days a week here on digital, and quite often on Free analog TV. It probably does have a bigger fanbase, because it was shown in a premium afternoon slot, the time when most kids watch television. But, they have cut some prarie dawn art sketches.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I saw my fisrt Sprout PWMS and I saw the following segments:

-Elmo talks about feelings
-Zoe imagines a great friend
-Prairie and Cookie hike
-"Natasha's Lullabye"
-Ernie's feelings game
I saw that Yesterday. Don't worry, you did not miss much. But i can't find the Zoe imagines a great friend or The hike on SST's website :smirk:. I did find the feelings clip, it's called "emotions in the park". Bit annoyed at that, I want to see the cookie sketch again.