Dave's Appropriate and Distanced Admirers

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dave Goelz is an awesome performer, with some of the Muppets more memorable muppets on his list of achievements (such as Zoot, Gonzo, Beauregard, and Bunsen). He's also a man dedicated to the craft of puppetry, and the Muppets themselves...joining tours, making appearances, and generally being awesome.

He once mentioned a story about receiving a top-secret phone-call about a possible future Muppet project...and got up to find it here at Muppet Central.

This and much more certainly make the fascinating man known as Dave G worthy of an appreciation thread.

Welcome to DaDa, Dave's Appropriate and Distanced Admirers. Please wipe your feet on the mat as you come in.

Beau

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*wipes feet* *jumps in and parties* WOOT! Dave is my all-tiem favorite performer! I LOVE all of his characters! But mostly Gonzo... :halo: And Boober and Zoot and Beau and Bunsen and Bill Bubble Guy and World's Oldest Fraggle and Philo and and and! I love them ALLLLLL! Dave ROCKS!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
As one who has come into close encounters of the Gonzo-nostril kind, and hath watched Muppet Music clips directly in front of the man, I am pleased to join such a respectable group, wipe my feet, and announce myself as an admirer of Dave Goelz. However only appropriately and from a distance. :stick_out_tongue: Surely no mental images shall be found in the likes of this fan-group, no sir.

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, cute name for the group, Beau!

*jumps in* Oh wait... *walks back out, wipes her feet, then jumps back in*

Dave is awesome! He's such a terrific performer, and a really great guy. He definitely deserves this thread! Here's to you, Dave! :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Name praise must all go straight to MeeperBorkerMeep, whose recent encounter with Dave G inspired this little dedicated thread. And of course, with such a name we are gareunteed that no mental images, food throwing, or other such un-illustrious misbehavior shall befall us distanced admirers. (Although we may be at a distance with binoculars...but that's another story.)

If it can be argued that at the heart of Frank's performance of his characters is heart, then it can certainly be put forward that at the soul of Dave's characters is an amazing depth of soul.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently, on my Muppet Wiki user page, I decided to make a gallery for some of my favorite Muppet characters. Mainly favorites from The Muppet Show and related productions, and I realised that most of Dave's characters from such productions were included. These characters are, of course, Gonzo, Bunsen, Zoot, Beauregard, Digit, and Bill the Bubble Guy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really like Dave's story in the Muppets, especially after hearing that recent radio interview. How he was intimitated by the guest stars on Muppet Show and always felt like an imposter in the recording studio (though I think he's always great with a song!). He's a regular guy who was given the chance of a lifetime, through talent and perserverance. :cool:

travellingpat

Reaction score
oooh Dave Rocks his characters are also so hilarious and he is definately one of the best performers (theyre all great! :wink: )

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Dave Goelz,
is fantastic!

What I truly admire about this particular performer is how he managed to
change a once melancholy Gonzo into a heck of a world-wide happy success. You go to someone and ask "Who is your favorite character on TMS?" We always get the answer (usually) "Gonzo!"

Gonzo was a character that started out as a gloomy outcast.
Now, he is a ball of blue energy that has kind of calmed down to some extent though, we will see about that when the next production occurs.

Dave Goelz is just fabulous!

I.Love.Him.

In the normal way...

*Closes her door hurriedly, hiding a Dave Goelz shrine*

*Whistles*

Oh, I hate mats.

*Does as told*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What I truly admire about this particular performer is how he managed to
change a once melancholy Gonzo into a heck of a world-wide happy success. You go to someone and ask "Who is your favorite character on TMS?" We always get the answer (usually) "Gonzo!"
Very true, Gonzo was always my favorite character when I was a kid, he was just so bizarre and funny. It's a great achievement to take a troublesome character and develop him into something so creative and popular. :smile: