Future Muppet Replicas Wishlist

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Animal, Gonzo, Piggy and Fozzie have all changed quite dramatically since they were first seen. At least Scooter is one character that hasn't changed much over the years so he could be made to pretty much everyone's expectations. I'm sure the jeans, jacket and sneakers would help to push the overall cost up tho. Are we guessing he is a similar size to Animal or is he smaller?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Animal, Gonzo, Piggy and Fozzie have all changed quite dramatically since they were first seen. At least Scooter is one character that hasn't changed much over the years so he could be made to pretty much everyone's expectations. I'm sure the jeans, jacket and sneakers would help to push the overall cost up tho. Are we guessing he is a similar size to Animal or is he smaller?

I am guessing he is a bit taller than Kermit....is this right or wrong guys?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Technically Scooter should be slightly taller than Kermit, but in much of the poser head-to-toe images (some from Muppet Magazine) Scooter appears 3/4 of a head taller than Kermit. Gonzo's technically supposed to be shorter as well, but I think he's grown through the years. Muppet heights are always a debate because there have been many inconsistencies.

Jim Henson didn't keep as many records of the characters as other companies might have when it came to height proportions - probably because they generally didn't have legs 99.9% of the time. Many of the size charts I have seen are of cartoon representations for graphic and lower-end product types. Not bad, just different.

So, Scooter should be taller than Kermit, but shorter than Animal - likely a tad under Animal height when the fella's in his more natural crouched position. :wink:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
What I don't get is that MR said that Gonzo is 26 inches tall. Kermit is 24 inches tall, how could that be? When you look at the prototype of Gonzo next to Kermit, he is shorter. This is really weird. :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What I don't get is that MR said that Gonzo is 26 inches tall. Kermit is 24 inches tall, how could that be? When you look at the prototype of Gonzo next to Kermit, he is shorter. This is really weird.
I recall it being said that the Kermit poser is a fraction smaller than the real life actual Kermit. That could be it. When I saw Gonzo recently at the YBCA (with his friend Mr. Goelz) I couldn't get over just how tiny the puppet is! I just wanted to smoosh him, but I didn't. Not his type, I know. :wink: :concern:

So, the fact that the Kermit poser was made smaller is probably the answer. :smile:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
To be honest, the height of the characters aren't that important. When a group of Muppet posers are photographed together they are all adjusted so they all look better together. On the John Denver christmas album Kermit is nearly up to John's shoulder when, in reality, he would barely come up to his knee. It is going to be interesting seeing the actual difference in size tho. We rarely see them at "actual" height.

Rugby

Reaction score
If Sesame characters are included, I'd like to see a Grover. That would be the best. Otherwise, Mahna Mahna would be cool, or a perfect to scale Robin.

How are they going to do Fozzie? Isn't he going to be huge in size? I'll bet he goes for $600 if that's the case.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I'm guessing he will be the correct size but he won't weight very much. They will probably make his body out of something light or even hollow it out. We did have some approximated prices for the forthcoming replicas. Anyone still have the list?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm guessing he will be the correct size but he won't weight very much. They will probably make his body out of something light or even hollow it out. We did have some approximated prices for the forthcoming replicas. Anyone still have the list?

I remember Amy said that Fozzie is going to be $400.00...BUT that can always change.