If you support Disney owning the Muppets...

P

Philip Kippel

To those of you who still actually support Disney owning the Muppets and do feel optimistic that they ARE working hard to bring them back, please post.

If you're the oppostie, DO NOT REPLY!

After all, pessimism and negative thinking get you nowhere.

muppetperson

Reaction score
They have my support.While some think Disney are doing nothing, they are working hard to get new entertainment behind the scenes.Some Fans are getting delusional in thinking that Disney want to quash the Muppets.To those, wake up and think about what you are thinking.Just because Disney have had second thoughts about how viable a Muppet project is, it is abserd to think that they want to sabatarge the Muppets.They are a busy Organisation and wouldnt waste their time doing childish games.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I for one certainly support the muppets, and if anyone wants to try and prevent me from supporting the muppets, BRING IT ON!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I feel the Muppets were played as pawns in an internal Disney Co. polical war (a war that had absolutely nothing to do with the Muppets). It appears that some at Disney wanted to axe most of Eisner's ideas - for better or for worse. Now that is over, it will be interesting to see what is will happen.

Dave Goelz expressed excitement in the Muppets being on and part of the Disney lot so I'll follow that excitement! :concern:

I am unhappy with the closing of California's Muppetvision, but lets face it - it was unlikely that I'd ever go. I'm not much for crowded theme parks (just a personality trait of mine) and I caught most of the show (except the 3D-ness) on You Tube.

I do see the concern of some fans with the Muppets being promoted with flavor-of-the-month Disney Channel "stars" but hey, at least they are out there and to an audience that may not have been exposed to the characters the way we have.

I remember sitting on a plane next to a (very talkative) girl several years ago. She had no idea who Kermit was. I know, product of bad parenting or something, but i was freaked. A world without Kermit? :smile: No way. So, long story short - if this new Disney Channel Muppet "mini movie ads" is going to help that, I'm for it! :flirt:

Java

Reaction score
Henson was working on a deal with Disney when he passed away.

Disney has only owned the Muppets since 2004.

There have been many internal shake ups squelshing all types of projects at Disney - not just Muppet things.

Disney wants to bring back quality work that they are known for.

All of these add up to the fact that we can't judge Disney yet and we have to give them time. Many good things have come and we just need to be patient to see what they will bring us now.

After all, we are getting TMS on DVD.

P

Philip Kippel

I am unhappy with the closing of California's Muppetvision, but lets face it - it was unlikely that I'd ever go. I'm not much for crowded theme parks (just a personality trait of mine) and I caught most of the show (except the 3D-ness) on You Tube.
They're not closing DCA's Muppet-Vision. Don't listen to Al Lutz's lies!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I will support the Muppets until the end of my days, no matter what company their owned by. The Muppets have survived for over fifty years, and will, I think, go on forever. The Muppets are timeless, and as long is Kermit can still make appearances to roaring applause, I'm all for it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I support the Muppets, and Disney's ownership of them. Whatever Disney decides to do with them, and whatever direction they take. I will, of course, follow. I may not agree with all of their character desions (and decisions related to characters and story-arcs are perhaps the most important) but I will be there with my friends writing Fan-Fic and getting Kermit and Piggy back together in anyway that we can.

I think that Disney are doing the right thing in not rushing, and I beleive that big things are in store.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
To those of you who still actually support Disney owning the Muppets and do feel optimistic that they ARE working hard to bring them back, please post.

If you're the oppostie, DO NOT REPLY!

After all, pessimism and negative thinking get you nowhere.

What's the point of your posting this?

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
I am for the Ownership - But the direction has me confused. There have been too many hands in the cookie jar so to speak. It's just not fair to let them sit mothballed - My son loves the Muppets and Sesame street. Every new baby brought into this world that I know gets a stuffed Kermit from me. I think that progress is progress, but there is a thing called window of opertunity - Disney is missing many, Many windows.50th Anniversary was a washout - we need to Keep positive, but there are limits. Happily, they are releasing the MS DVD's and that is a great intro to our world. But - it only works if you promote it.