Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

wiley207

Reaction score
Today, I finally got to see the Fairy Tale Emergency episode in full (the infamous non-Elmo's World "Rock paper scissors shoot! Paper, paper. Tieeeeeeeeee!" episode) As I said, the Big Bad Wolf's voice in that one (I found out it was none other than Tyler Bunch, thanks Muppet Wiki!) doesn't really fit the character. Maybe the puppet used, but not much else. But I enjoyed the animated "Get out, stay out, don't you go back in" segment, mainly because Jerry Nelson did the voice of the fire-fighting wolf!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, it's just a cute little story. I was walking today and passing me was a Mother with her child in a stroller. I was pleasantly surprised to notice the little girl was holding a Grover stuff doll. It was freezing outside and she was clutching the doll like crazy for comfort, lol.

Awww, utterly adorable, just like Grover!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Awww! There is hope for Sesame Street, if this generation of children still considers Grover huggable...:flirt:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Awww! There is hope for Sesame Street, if this generation of children still considers Grover huggable...:flirt:
I know! That's just what I was thinking; and I was so suprised. And it was rather touching. You always see a ton of kids with Elmo gear, and then you see this one little girl clutching Grover. :big_grin:

Wiseman

Reaction score
Here's another post for you to review Phil

I saw one of the new eps of SS today. The family one, that is, I liked the way that Telly's pretend family showed that families argue sometimes, yet they are still a family even if not evrybody shares the same opinion on everything.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I know! That's just what I was thinking; and I was so suprised. And it was rather touching. You always see a ton of kids with Elmo gear, and then you see this one little girl clutching Grover. :big_grin:
Now I just hope to see someone holding on to a Big Bird!:stick_out_tongue:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw the episode with the NY Jets visiting SS with Elmo.

Noticed how Elmo wore a football helmet with a red star.

He should of wore a silver helmet with a blue star since which is interesting since the Dalls Cowboys' color helmet and as of now they have beaten NY badly 34-3.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here it is, sorry for the lateness, I overslept a bit this morning so I figured I'd catch the repeat at 10 AM instead.

Rundown...
Episode 4149:Abby, Big Bird, and Elmo Sing.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "predicament".
Street Story.
*Thumbs up, Jerry's wolf came back for a brief moment.
Song: "Count Me In".
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Predicament".
Cavemen Claymation.
Muppets: Song: "Songs" performed by Sugarland (Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush) and Elmo, from Kids' Favorite Country Songs.
Animation: Musicians at a classical performance.
Muppet-Kid Moments: Bernie Broccoli guesses Anthony's favorite vegetable.
Song: "Eat Your Vegetables", similar to "Eat Your Favorite Fruits" from Episode 4148.
Letter of the Day: T, with Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn.
Animation: T for tiger, teapot, television, taxi, and ta-ta.
Film: T for triangle.
Muppets: Triangle Bob Trianglepants.
Song: "That's What's Best About Getting Dressed".
The Count counts sheep to get to sleep, up to 3 before an elephant sneaks his way in.
Film: 3 Fish.
Film: Kids dancing in three colored grid squares.
Muppets: "Addition" by Ernie and Bert.
Animation: Song: "The Room Is Full Of Chickens" sung by Ivy Austin.
Elmo's World: Songs.
Bedtime Story: Telly reads his triangle the story of the Three Triangles.
*This would've been a better ending insert for Episode 4144: Triangle Lover of the Day.

Okay, to bring some life to this thread, I thought I'd comment on this one since I saw it for the first time today. I thought the plot was good, but some of the characters should have been changed around. For example, it seems like in this ep and in the tricycle ep Big Bird and Elmo seem to be best friends. I haven't caught a Big Bird/Snuffy moment this season. In reality Big Bird probably wouldn't like Elmo very much since he's been hogging the spotlight from BB as the main character on the show for the past decade. :mad: So I don't always care for the pairing up of those two. I think the 'song for two' would have been better if the pair had been Big Bird and Snuffy or Elmo and Zoe. Also, when the fourth character came along, they could have used a character that we know like Telly or Grover rather than a generic AM. I liked the concept though. I also liked that it referenced Ernie's addition song. I only saw parts of this ep so I didn't know that they actually played that one as well. So that was Jerry's wolf? That's good news. Maybe we'll start seeing more of Jerry's characters in new material, specifically Herry Monster. I also liked when those country singers did their version of the song "Songs" from Elmopalooza.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Just saw the song where Papa Bear was singing about how he gives big hugs or whatever it was. Hilarious!:big_grin:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Just saw the song where Papa Bear was singing about how he gives big hugs or whatever it was. Hilarious!:big_grin:

It was mostly Baby Bear (with a few lines from Papa) singing about how "Papa Gives a Big Bear Hug"...hope somebody puts it on YouTube soon!