The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Handy Manny = Disney's Bob the Builder
"The" Clubhouse (I refuse to call it Mickey anything) = Mick's character being degraded again
My "Friends" Tigger & Pooh = The Milne legacy being undermined (and FYI, that show shouldn't even be airing with the lawsuit surrounding the Pooh franchise, anyway)

and The Book of Pooh
As much as I disliked that series too, at least it gave us Christopher, albeit unseen (he's heard in the opening and in some "his friends come out of their book" sequences, too).

AAO

Reaction score
I agree that The Book of Pooh was not that great of a series, as well as the scene that is played into the Playhouse Disney show; But it was at least closer to the original story line rather than throwing in a completly new character that some kids are not familiar with. Just the other day at MGM, a kid thought that Christopher Robin had passed away and that Darby had taken his toys Pooh and family. Again, Treelo, Bear, Tutter, Pip, Pop, and Ojo, they're timeless just as the Pooh characters. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the other hand seems like a show that could run for a season or two and then get caught up in re-runs and slowly fade away whereas Bear constantly had new story lines, songs, and helped the characters grow.

AAO

Reaction score
Not to mention that Bear in the Big Blue House's pitch was to start off in Season 1 with Bear and etc doing things only around the house because the children watching would be at the age where they were not in pre-school quiet yet.

Season 2 they ventured Tutter into school and they tended to go around the town such as Dog Hog at the doctor and such.

Season 3 Bear took the audience further past the house and more around the neighborhood.

Season 4 & 5 had the cast out and about in Woodland Valley where the characters met new friends and new adventures to bestow. Even in Season 5 the lyrics to the catchy theme "Welcome to the Big Blue House" changed to "Welcome to Woodland Valley". It was actually really cute and you could see how the series had grown as well as the audience that started at 3 and 4 years old had become.

I don't know if Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or any of the other Playhouse Disney shows could do that with the format and rate they're going. Just as well Johnny and the Sprites; whom I know, wants to branch out with the series and you can tell they can do that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Just the other day at MGM, a kid thought that Christopher Robin had passed away
The real Christopher Robin Milne has been dead for years, but his desendant, Clare Milne, wants her family's legacy back, hence the lawsuit over the Pooh franchise, and hence why MFT&P should NOT be either airing OR be introduced at the parks, because Milne's estate only gave Disney the rights to make the original "Many Adventures" film (and thus, the featurettes made..."Honey Tree", "Blustery Day", "Tigger Too", and "Day For Eeyore"), NOT the subsequent shows and products from the franchise.

AAO

Reaction score
Well, that's a completly different story. But the real problem is Bear leaving. Pooh's staying either way!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Is there any pictures of the puppets for us to see, or is Disney keeping it as a surprise?

AAO

Reaction score
It will all be a surprise once the show opens. Bear is leaving and doing his final show January 2nd. Although I found out that Bear will still be "around" Playhouse. If, in the new show, the show goes down on account of technical difficulities, Bear will do a meet and greet! So there's some good news

Teenager's

Reaction score
Knowing the Mouse House, it would be a surprise.
A couple of months ago I got to see the puppets (being built) and they were Really wonderful. Pooh looks more like Pooh now. I always thought that the Pooh from Book of Pooh had too round of head.

The Little Einstein puppets also looked Great!...They were some of the nicest puppets I had seen ever.

I can't wait until some video of the new show is up on youtube!